Unauthorized insurance quote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unauthorized insurance quote

I just received a phone call from GEICO about an online insurance quote that I hadn't requested. Somehow my name got tied to a Lawrence Gregg in the quote, using his address and presumably his vehicle and one of my email addresses and phone number.

The guy on the phone said it wasn't unusual for people to get calls about quotes they hadn't requested, but it was unusual that two separate people would be mixed up like this. He seemed very perplexed about it all.

Anything to worry about?
    Men have become the tools of their tools.
    -Henry David Thoreau

Originally posted by MOSFET View Post
    I just received a phone call from GEICO about an online insurance quote that I hadn't requested. Somehow my name got tied to a Lawrence Gregg in the quote, using his address and presumably his vehicle and one of my email addresses and phone number.

The guy on the phone said it wasn't unusual for people to get calls about quotes they hadn't requested, but it was unusual that two separate people would be mixed up like this. He seemed very perplexed about it all.

Anything to worry about?
    NOPE, someone is just a very shitty salesman that doesn't understand how the databases gather/match information.... and that is certainly not 'common' but you have nothing to worry about
    Originally posted by Vertnut
    I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

I would worry; that screams identity theft to me. Insurance comanies tend to ask for quite a bit of sensitive information so yeah I'd be worried. I definately notify my bank. I think you can put some kind of alert or freeze on your SS number I cannot remember how to do it.
      I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
        I would worry; that screams identity theft to me. Insurance comanies tend to ask for quite a bit of sensitive information so yeah I'd be worried. I definately notify my bank. I think you can put some kind of alert or freeze on your SS number I cannot remember how to do it.
        LMMFAO! Wow, holy over reaction batman!!!
        Originally posted by Vertnut
        I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by MutherjuggZ View Post
          NOPE, someone is just a very shitty salesman that doesn't understand how the databases gather/match information.... and that is certainly not 'common' but you have nothing to worry about
          Ok, thank you Kim.

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
          That's what I am worried about. I had a few odd registrations from the email address on the 17th, and now this. I'm not sure what's going on.
          Men have become the tools of their tools.
          -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Working...
          X