No announcement yet.

Would you have a problem disconnecting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you have a problem disconnecting?

The texting while walking thread got me wondering this. Would you find it difficult and have withdrawls from disconnecting from all the online things you do? Gaming, cellphones talking/texting, internet etc.

My wife and I went to the movie this past weekend and when we were waiting in line, I noticed almost every person in line at some point in 15 minutes couldn't go without texting or checking their damn cellphones.

It seems people have a problem just being by themselves these days because we are so connected. Just a short period in the car, sitting and waiting for a movie to start, hell even at the gym I see these ladies walking around the track and can't stay off their damn cellphones! lol.

So, how long could you go without your cellphone and internet before having withdrawls?

I think I could go awhile without cell phone but not my gaming.

Comment

I haven't played any video games in quite some time. When I think about it, it's shocking how long it's been.

Without a smartphone, laptop, cell service, and internet, I couldn't do my job. So that would be very difficult.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
        I haven't played any video games in quite some time. When I think about it, it's shocking how long it's been.

Without a smartphone, laptop, cell service, and internet, I couldn't do my job. So that would be very difficult.
        Ok, so exclude your job from the scenario.

Comment

No problem. I do it when I go on vacation. I leave my laptop and gaming devices at home. I don't even own a cell phone.

Comment

Excluding my job it would be no problem. But why do it? Why stand in line doing nothing when I could interact....

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
              Excluding my job it would be no problem. But why do it? Why stand in line doing nothing when I could interact....
              Why do you have to be doing something all the time? It's my point, so many people just seem to have a problem being still or with their own thoughts.

Comment

I don't play games and work has me on a leash with the BB and laptop. It would be difficult to not check e-mail 50+ times a day.

Comment

Why the fuck would you need to? Why is remaining in a form of contact to people who are not in your immediate vicinity/city/state/country a pet peeve for you?
                  Could people do it? Sure, it was done before the devices were in existence. How about without cars? sure, there was a time were that was possible too.

What's the problem?
                  sigpic

Comment

About 15 minutes tops...
                    Originally posted by Da Prez
                    Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                    Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                      I wish it were that easy. lol. I work 90-100 hours a week currently. 24x7=168. 8 hours of sleep a day, is 56 hours. so... 168-56=112. That leaves 12 hours, 22 hours at MOST per week that I could go without being connected.
                      Originally posted by BradM
                      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

The texting while walking thread got me wondering this. Would you find it difficult and have withdrawls from disconnecting from all the online things you do? Gaming, cellphones talking/texting, internet etc.

My wife and I went to the movie this past weekend and when we were waiting in line, I noticed almost every person in line at some point in 15 minutes couldn't go without texting or checking their damn cellphones.

It seems people have a problem just being by themselves these days because we are so connected. Just a short period in the car, sitting and waiting for a movie to start, hell even at the gym I see these ladies walking around the track and can't stay off their damn cellphones! lol.

So, how long could you go without your cellphone and internet before having withdrawls?
                        i noticed this too. i was also always on my phone and facebook on my phone. i noticed how often i'd get on it and i was almost disgusted. so i deleted my facebook. i am on my phone a lot less now. lol.

i notice it a lot more in other people now too. it is funny how its called a social network but when you think about it it makes you anti social. like when people are hanging out they are almost all looking at their cell phones constantly and being social online but being anti social with the people that are actually there. its like a security blanket or a way to act like you are doing something when you are really not. they are more with how their life looks to other people and not how it actually is. it's sad really.

but i do like my gaming i suppose i could do with out as long as i have some books to read.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                          Why the fuck would you need to? Why is remaining in a form of contact to people who are not in your immediate vicinity/city/state/country a pet peeve for you?
                          Could people do it? Sure, it was done before the devices were in existence. How about without cars? sure, there was a time were that was possible too.

What's the problem?
                          It's a discussion you asshat. Fuckin relax.

You can be out anywhere in public and see how addicted people are to their phones. Alot of times these days you can't even have a face to face conversation with people without them checking their phones multiple times out of habit.

Some people have to be on their phone in the car because they can't handle being alone. It's so odd. This wasn't an issue years ago and now they are having to make laws for people talking/texting while driving and even walking now! lol.

Comment

No problem at all. I hate my phone anyway and resent the fact that it is my leash. I come here, the hamb, forwardlook.net and Facebook. I could drop all those with no real loss. I don't play video games. Sorry, the idea of being 34 and sitting Indian style glued to the tv sounds fuggin laaaaame.

I'm posting this while taking a dump, lmfao....
                            When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Without my job, absolutely no problem. With my job considered, I'd be dead in the water.

Comment

Working...
                              X