Must do's in Chicago for weekend get away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
    This thread has me craving pizza. Anyone know of a deep dish chicago style place in Dallas?
    if you are near plano, there is a chicago st pizza at coit and hedgecoxe.
    the chicago deep there is pretty damn good.
    www.hppmotorsports.com
    ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Don't remember the name of the building, but it has a bar on the 98th floor i think. Pretty neat to go to at night when the city is lit up.

Do the new All-Glass balcony/observation deck, I think it's at the sears tower or may be in the same building as the "sky bar"...
      "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
        Ever been to Wrigley?

P1's should appreciate that one. LOL
        and Rush Street.

Comment

Shed's aquarium FTW

Comment

First thing I'd do is see if the Cubs were in town. If they are, pay an arm and a leg for a ticket in the bleachers. At the game, grab a Chicago dog and a $7 beer, sit down on your piece of metal, take a deep breath, and realize you are in sports heaven.

Comment

Originally posted by ZYouL8R View Post
              First thing I'd do is see if the Cubs were in town. If they are, pay an arm and a leg for a ticket in the bleachers. At the game, grab a Chicago dog and a $7 beer, sit down on your piece of metal, take a deep breath, and realize you are in sports heaven.
              You're not kidding about the arm and a leg deal. I was up there a few weekends ago with a couple of my buddies and we searched around for a long time before we found 3 tickets in the bleachers for $90. It was worth every dollar, though. There aren't many atmospheres like Wrigley that I've ever experienced.

Comment

This thread has me craving pizza. Anyone know of a deep dish chicago style place in Dallas?
                Chicagos at 114 / Oconnor in Irving is the best I've had here so far. The chicago st. in plano is good too. The one in irving doesnt have the sauce over the cheese like giordanos (or chi st in plano) does, but its pretty solid.

http://www.chicagosgourmetpizza.com/...inas/index.htm

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                  Lou Malnati's is supposed to be some good deep dish pizza. I thought it was over rated but then again I despise most things Chicago. Definitely try and hit a Cubs game and boo the hell out of them.
                  Every year at Christmas we get Lou Malnati's pies shipped to us by our business partners in Chicago. They are fantastic, definitely the best frozen pizza you can make at home. Expensive as fuck though, I think $100 for six pies if you order them online....
                  Originally posted by racrguy
                  What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                  Originally posted by racrguy
                  Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Chicago Rick's

Comment

Originally posted by Sergio View Post
                      Chicago Rick's

Yessss!! That is what I am talking about. None of these places are anywhere near me, but I will make a night of it with the wife.

Comment

Working...
                      X