Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever found weed growing somewhere?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ever found weed growing somewhere?

I know the title sounds odd, but have to ever just came upon a weed plant growing somewhere? (not one you planted, obviously)

This thread http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=14723 reminded me of something that happened about 20 years ago. I had just got out on my own, had just rented my first house and had been in it for about four months. One day, after getting a ride from my uncle, he pulls up to the driveway near the large metal bin that held trash until pickup to keep dogs out of it. As I get out of his car, he looks through the open door, looks at me, and says "do you know you have a marijuana plant growing in your front yard?

I turned around, and yes, there was a pot plant that was at least four foot tall growing through the trash bin. I had seen the plant a few times sticking trash in there, but never took notice of what it was. My guess was some previous pothead tenant tossed some seeds in the trash bin, and nature took over.

What has to be said now, was that the trash bin sat no further than 50 feet from the automotive body shop that just happened to be owned by the local Justice of the Peace, he held his business in the front office, the local PD, sheriffs officers, constables, and highway patrol usually parked along the street in front of our house, and there were times when officers were actually parked up next to the trash bin/plant, hell I bet some may have even brushed against it.

Well, I had planned to just go out there and pull it until my brother started getting me paranoid, saying "they probably know it is there, and are just waiting for you to pull it to get a warrant" type shit, so for the next couple of weeks i didn't even look at it.

When I finally grew the balls to pull it up, it was closer to 5 feet tall, and bushing out. I pulled it up with the dirt and roots and all, (and here is where it may get a illegal) and transferred it into a pot that was left-over from planting jalapeno peppers. I packed it in, watered her a bit, and took to the rear room that had very nice lightning until I could figure something to do with it.

I didn't have an exit plan for it , so basically I just kept it back there, very curious of it, as I had never one grown. either.

Anyhow, few weeks went by and I stopped by the JPs to see if he could sell me a few sheets of wet-dry sandpaper for a project like usual. He said no problem, went in the back and came out with the paper.

As I was walking out the door, he called out to me, asking "Hey Steve, did you ever get that pretty plant growing out the side of your trash-box transplanted?"
    I almost shat myself, I had views of going to the pen, Alcatraz, etc.
    I told him the only thing I could: "yeah, I got it cleaned up and re-potted and it is doing well, would you like to have it?"

He replied "No-no, I don't need in it, you can keep it, but if I were you I'd keep it indoors, as someone else might be jealous of such a pretty plant if you catch my drift."

I was shocked.

Stevo
    Originally posted by SSMAN
    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

In the guest bathroom closet at a buddy's old house....

Comment

lmao..
      ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Neighbors backyard

Comment

When I was about 12 years old I was the neighborhood entrepreneur (sp) that basically had a lawn care service for multiple homes throughout the neighborhood. My sister was getting her hair done by a local guy who worked at a hair salon (yeah ye was gay) and they got on the subject of him needing to find someone to do his yard since he didn't know how to run a mower and she suggested me. He called me up, we agreed on a price and frequency and I started cutting the lawn. About the third time I was cutting it in the back I found this plant that looked like it needed to be cut down behind his A/C unit so I ran it down with my old Toro that had a bottom exit muffler and apparently some of the WEED got caught against the muffler and started smoking. After a couple of minutes I remember getting very dizzy and had to stop mowing for about an hour. I finished the yard thinking I had just gotten too hot. Picked up the check in the mailbox and went home. A few hours later he called me frantically asking if I had cut down the plant and I said yes I thought it was a weed. He FLIPPED OUT...but never told me why....but said I was never to cut his yard again and hung up. My dad....laughing hysterically...explained to me exactly what was going on.

Comment

Awesome thread!

Comment

Where I used to live in my backyard. My roommate liked to smoke and would throw the seeds from his baggies out in the backyard. The plant only grew about 2 feet tall but had leaves like a crazy motherfucker.
              "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                Where I used to live in my backyard. My roommate liked to smoke and would throw the seeds from his baggies out in the backyard. The plant only grew about 2 feet tall but had leaves like a crazy motherfucker.
                That's how we ended up getting some plants growing in the backyard once, lol.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

My buddy had a picture on his wall of him and his older brother as kids standing in front of an entire patch of six foot pot plants! He said growing up in Kansas it was pretty common to stumble upon weed while they were exploring around in the small town they lived in. It's a pretty cool pic seeing two little kids standing in front of these huge plants of course this was in the 80's.

Sadly my buddy passed away a few years ago due to a car wreck so everytime I pass through Kansas I always have to stop by at his grave to pay my respects and I always think about that picture of those two grinning from ear to ear! lol... Man I miss that guy everyday! He was so much fun to be around and a good friend! R.i.p Matt

Comment

That shit grows like crazy all up and down the banks of the Arkansas river in Colorado.
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I grew up in Austin...'nuff said.

Comment

Can't say that I have, but this thread is pretty funny.

Comment

My neighbor probably has 20 5 to 6 ft tall plants right now. I don't say anything because a) I don't really care and b) he is haitian and if he found out I ratted him out, he might kill me and eat me ir something

Comment

Haitians are cannibals?

Comment

Ode to the wildwood flower.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Working...
                              X