Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

House just abandoned. How to find the bank/owner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want my $16 house let me know where those two empty house are at plz

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
      but it seems like a lot of rent houses are even remaining vacant longer not to mention the pain of everything related to renting out a house.
      Actually most decent rent houses in the right price range in the right area are renting within days of going on the market. With all of the new restrictions on mortgage loans, along with all of the foreclosures out there these days, people are forced to rent.

I know when I was looking in Austin, if I didn't look at the house within the first two days of it hitting the market, it already had an application in as well as backup applications. The house I just rented down there came on the market on Friday evening, I drove down Saturday morning, and saw the house at 11am, then put my application in on the spot with my realtor. That afternoon she called me back to let me know I was the first app in, and six more came in after it.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
        Actually most decent rent houses in the right price range in the right area are renting within days of going on the market. With all of the new restrictions on mortgage loans, along with all of the foreclosures out there these days, people are forced to rent.

I know when I was looking in Austin, if I didn't look at the house within the first two days of it hitting the market, it already had an application in as well as backup applications. The house I just rented down there came on the market on Friday evening, I drove down Saturday morning, and saw the house at 11am, then put my application in on the spot with my realtor. That afternoon she called me back to let me know I was the first app in, and six more came in after it.

The same can be said for people selling and purchasing homes right now. The market is volatile.

We are bidding on a house that has only been on the market for 6 days and was a foreclosure. I am sure there will be quite a few bids.

Comment

Takes me 1-2 weeks to rent a house, a little longer on a duplex. This is checking credit/criminal background and denying the first ten or so for one of those reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
            Takes me 1-2 weeks to rent a house, a little longer on a duplex. This is checking credit/criminal background and denying the first ten or so for one of those reasons.
            yeah, i guess I should have restated what I said.

I meant applications are being put in within a day or two of listing. Actually completing everything took us about a week or so. When the landlords in Austin were verifying my employment, they wouldn't use the online service my company's HR department uses for inquiries. They wanted my direct boss to verify that I would be keeping my job when moving to Austin, which typically isn't something he would do.

Comment

yeah, i guess I should have restated what I said.

I meant applications are being put in within a day or two of listing. Actually completing everything took us about a week or so. When the landlords in Austin were verifying my employment, they wouldn't use the online service my company's HR department uses for inquiries. They wanted my direct boss to verify that I would be keeping my job when moving to Austin, which typically isn't something he would do.
              Yeah, my company used one of those 3rd party services to verify employment. WTH is the value there? Does it protect some liability?

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                Yeah, my company used one of those 3rd party services to verify employment. WTH is the value there? Does it protect some liability?
                It keeps a manager from releasing any information about you that he shouldn't and keeps your current employer from knowing your business.

Say if you were applying for a new job, instead of them calling your current manager, they would login to the site, and just verify you worked there, the dates you said you did, and if you allowed your salary to be released on the site, that takes a special code you provide to the people wanting to verify it.

Or, say you're divorced and paying child support, would you want your manager giving out your salary information to just anyone who called, in turn causing your ex-wife to request more money because you got a raise at work?

Comment

It keeps a manager from releasing any information about you that he shouldn't and keeps your current employer from knowing your business.

Say if you were applying for a new job, instead of them calling your current manager, they would login to the site, and just verify you worked there, the dates you said you did, and if you allowed your salary to be released on the site, that takes a special code you provide to the people wanting to verify it.

Or, say you're divorced and paying child support, would you want your manager giving out your salary information to just anyone who called, in turn causing your ex-wife to request more money because you got a raise at work?
                  Yeah, that makes more sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Machx2 View Post
                    I realize they are saying the mortgage company went out of buisiness. However there is still an owner of that company and I am sure he still wants his houses. They don't just fall off the face of the earth and don't care about their $$. Finding a key or not, he broke in. You can find the key to my house, doesn't mean you can come in.
                    If the mortgage company goes bankrupt, the note will still be sold to someone as part of the bankruptcy. This dirtbag isn't going to be able to hold off someone if they are serious about kicking his ass out on the street.

If this "law" held any water whatsoever then there are vacant commercial buildings worth millions that could be taken by anyone willing to break in and camp out.
                    Originally posted by racrguy
                    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                    Originally posted by racrguy
                    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Working...
                    X