Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

House just abandoned. How to find the bank/owner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House just abandoned. How to find the bank/owner?

So the next door neighbor abandoned their house which pisses me off. Now I have one on either side of me empty. The other one has been empty over 2 years.

I want to find out who owns the house now. It is probably in the middle of foreclosure or on its way. I am concerned the bank is going to take months before they finally get someone to handle the upkeep. Me and a couple of neighbors have decided to mow it to keep from having it looks so bad especially since its a corner lot with no privacy fencing. I want to see about getting a bid in on the upkeep and who to contact if there is a problem like the big ass gaping hole where the french doors have been ripped out by the last owner. grrr

Originally posted by Frank View Post
    So the next door neighbor abandoned their house which pisses me off. Now I have one on either side of me empty. The other one has been empty over 2 years.

I want to find out who owns the house now. It is probably in the middle of foreclosure or on its way. I am concerned the bank is going to take months before they finally get someone to handle the upkeep. Me and a couple of neighbors have decided to mow it to keep from having it looks so bad especially since its a corner lot with no privacy fencing. I want to see about getting a bid in on the upkeep and who to contact if there is a problem like the big ass gaping hole where the french doors have been ripped out by the last owner. grrr

Pm me the address, I'll see what I can do.
    Ded

Comment

average foreclosure is over 600 days now...

Comment

Will the tax roll show that information? Its been a while since I've looked an address up

I know it should name the current person on the loan/owner of the property. Just look up that address through your county's property tax database
        Originally posted by Leah
        Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by zachary View Post
          average foreclosure is over 600 days now...
          you mean from the time the people get notice and have to be forcibly removed or what?

Comment

600 days to get it sold again I think. You can't just say, hey I qualified for the loan. The bank has to actually review you, your credit, everything and approve of you buying it...
            "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Just call code enforcement. I did that for an empty house that someone started dumping shit on. City took care of it within a week. They are always looking for reasons to charge someone $200 for cutting a lawn.

Comment

Originally posted by ARIX View Post
                Just call code enforcement. I did that for an empty house that someone started dumping shit on. City took care of it within a week. They are always looking for reasons to charge someone $200 for cutting a lawn.
                Yep they came out and started upkeeping a abandoned house on my street. Damn grass was waist high and notices plastered all over the front door!

Comment

Originally posted by ARIX View Post
                  Only problem is they then start messing with everyone over the least little thing. I suppose I will though.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                    Only problem is they then start messing with everyone over the least little thing. I suppose I will though.
                    They shouldn't. It's obvious what the eye sore is, and what isn't. They aren't going to nit pick over little things unless it truly is an issue that needs to be corrected.
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Burn it down, grass and all.

Comment

Originally posted by JimD View Post
                        And then purchase the empty lot and build that new shop you've always wanted

Comment

Originally posted by JimD View Post
                          Originally posted by sc281 View Post
                          And then purchase the empty lot and build that new shop you've always wanted
                          I like the way yall think

Comment

If it's in tarrant county. I would imagine other counties have a searchable database too.
                            Rich

Comment

Or better yet...

A $330,000 home for $16? 'This is not a normal process'
                              WFAA
                              Posted on July 14, 2011 at 11:34 PM
                              Updated Saturday, Jul 16 at 9:19 AM
                              Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
                              Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
                              Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
                              You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Working...
                              X