Parasailing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
    Screw all that, I have a major fear of heights. Id probably pass out once it was launched in the air.
    So do I, and that's why I went. It was awesome.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I took a few friends out saturday evening for a little boarding and to highport marina for dinner. We left highport @ 11pm and about 500 yards clear of the break water killed the boat and a few of us jumped in. We get back in the boat, moved around underway. I left the navigation and anchor lights on during the whole time, and had a LED lantern hanging from my tower to light inside. My buddy is driving and all of a sudden makes a hard right. I spin around to see what's going on and some douche in a big cabin cruiser about plowed us. I've been on and around the lake all my life and it never ceases to amaze me the amount of idiots that shouldn't be on it. Had we swam a few more minutes the guy would have plowed straight through us.

Comment

Originally posted by aCid View Post
        So if we were able to get you hooked up and launched you, we'd be able to see you pass out, wake up, start screaming, the past out again over and over? Because that would be fucking hilarious
        I just pictured myself doing this. I'm laughing my ass off right now.
        Originally posted by talisman
        I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
        Originally posted by AdamLX
        If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
        Because fuck you, that's why
        Originally posted by 80coupe
        nice dick, Idrivea4banger
        Originally posted by Rick Modena
        ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
        Originally posted by Jester
        Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Did it in south padre. Was a fucking blast!! Although the water was dirty as hell was still a great time!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
            Once we were out and going, it was fine. What I'm talking about, is waverunners and boats hauling fucking ass either in front of the boat, or between the boat and me on the shore when we were trying to get up and out. We were taking off from a 2-3' "cliff" at Lake View Park. The boat would go out about 200', then you have to inflate the sail, etc, and then start running as the boat takes off. They were within 200' of the shore, not paying attention to the sail up in the air, or the huge ass yellow rope in the water, or the boat. Had a propeller caught the rope, someone would have been a dead man. Because if they can't see what the fuck is going on in front of them, they damn sure aren't paying attention to what is behind them. We'd yell, wave, blow a goddamn air horn, and they just kept on being completely oblivious to everything around them. Hell, a waverunner damn near ran over my kid when he was just swimming by the shore.
            Id flip shit on the waverunner that nearly hit your son. I hate when those and ski boats don't look out for people in the water. Happens all the time wakeboarding.

But getting between y'all and the shore is still probably just people not knowing. As was mentioned, parasailing isn't typical, so most dont know what proper etiquette is. Actually I'm glad I read that so I know what to watch for now and don't get caught on any lines

Comment

We had a parasail for several years - used it on Texoma. plenty of room, but you still have to deal with people following too close, PWC's stopping right in front of the boat so they can watch, etc.

Our rope was 300' long so we were probably a touch over 200' in the air. Very cool, but it was a lot of work.

Comment

Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
                did it in jamaica several years ago and had a blast.

Highly recommend the ganja. It's the best.

David
                wtf??????

Comment

But holy hell, people on the lake are as inconsiderate as it gets. I've heard Aaron bitch about it for 10 years or so, and thought he was just being Aaron. Lol. They don't pay attention to a fucking thing, and it wasn't just the PWC crowd. Boats too. Just thought I'd share. If you've never had a chance to go, it's an absolute must.
                  Ya'll quit bringing that fucking boat next to the marina, and people won't be underneath you. 5mph near the mouth of the marina with a parasailer on back isn't exactly smart. or polite.
                  I was there sunday and dealt with it all day long. There was PLENTY of unoccupied lake, ya'll (they?) chose to come over to the marina and make yourselves (themselves?) a pain in the ass.

Comment

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
                    Ya'll quit bringing that fucking boat next to the marina, and people won't be underneath you. 5mph near the mouth of the marina with a parasailer on back isn't exactly smart. or polite.
                    I was there sunday and dealt with it all day long. There was PLENTY of unoccupied lake, ya'll (they?) chose to come over to the marina and make yourselves (themselves?) a pain in the ass.
                    Wrong. We took off from Lakeview Park, went out around the island, and straight back to Lakeview Park. The only time we were even remotely close to the marina, was when we went to eat lunch at the cafe there (no parasail in tow).

And your numbers are WAY off. If they were only going 5 mph, the sail wouldn't fly with an adult on it. Nice try though, douche! lulz

Comment

1200' at Grapevine would be a fucking nightmare to try and achieve. People were hauling ass and running across our line as it was. I might have hit 300, but no way in hell it was anywhere near 1200'. Line wasn't even close to half that.
                      Goign to his link:

We offer single, tandem (two people flying together) and triple (3 people together) rides. We offer two flights: The 800 and The 1,200. The distance off the water is approximately 38 stories for the 800 and 50 stories for the 1,200
                      The 800 equates to about 450ft off the deck
                      The 1200 equates to about 600ft off the deck.

Nobody is going to be 1200ft off the deck (100 stories).

Comment

Wrong. We took off from Lakeview Park, went out around the island, and straight back to Lakeview Park. The only time we were even remotely close to the marina, was when we went to eat lunch at the cafe there (no parasail in tow).
                        There's no food @ the katie's woods marina. Ya'll were right in front of the gaylord, no more than 100 yards out past the "no wake" zone.

Unless there were 2 separate groups of douchenozzles out there parasailing.

Comment

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
                          There's no food @ the katie's woods marina. Ya'll were right in front of the gaylord, no more than 100 yards out past the "no wake" zone.

Unless there were 2 separate groups of douchenozzles out there parasailing.
                          you might want to check a map. We were nowhere near the Gaylord, Gay Lord.

Must have been another group. I don't know where the Katie Woods Marina is, but the marina we were nearest (which we weren't even close to), does have a restaurant. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Comment

You two homos need a map?

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                              Kyle is just busting balls. But even your map doesn't show Katie's Wood Marina or whatever. Neither does the Google map. We used the ramps to get in at Oak Grove Park, headed NE to Lake View Park to use the small cliff there to take off from.

EDIT: The marina with the restaurant is Twin Coves. And that's on the opposite side of the lake from where we were sailing.

Comment

If you think Parasailing is fun, you should one day try Paragliding.....

I just did this back in MAY.. In Czech Republic

Comment

Working...
                                X