No announcement yet.

hauling boat/loading a boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's hard to tell from the picture but that looks to be about a 30ft boat. Your best bet is would be to head out to a boat yard with a crane built for lifting boats. I'd think you'll the boat taken off the trailer and put on boat stands so it can be wrapped and protected (going to cost you). Second you'll want the trailer lifted (by crane) onto your flatbed and secured down. I would say not only do you wheels need to be chocked but the trailer needs to be strapped to your flatbed as an extra precaution. Then from there it's just a matter of getting the boat lifted onto the trailer and secured down. I'd strap that down as a precaution as well. If you can't find a boat yard that you can pay to do this then you're stuck with renting a crane and hiring a crane operator. Oh and you better make sure you're insured to haul a boat like that, otherwise you're just asking for trouble.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
      Should you really be hauling shit cross country when you don't know how to load/unload it?
      Yes, I have hauled stuff all over the country, I am just looking for other tips I might not have thought of. But I have already arranged to have a marina with a crane load it and unload it at the destination.

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
      Is this a load that no one else wants? I'd think about that. What happened with the FEMA gig?
      I just saw the load come up on a load board, that is all.

FEMA gig was a scam, my attorney is getting the stuff together to pursue him in small claims court for what he owes me.

Thanks for the input.

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
        Yes, I have hauled stuff all over the country, I am just looking for other tips I might not have thought of. But I have already arranged to have a marina with a crane load it and unload it at the destination.

I just saw the load come up on a load board, that is all.

FEMA gig was a scam, my attorney is getting the stuff together to pursue him in small claims court for what he owes me.

Thanks for the input.
        Check your PM's...

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
          It's hard to tell from the picture but that looks to be about a 30ft boat. Your best bet is would be to head out to a boat yard with a crane built for lifting boats. I'd think you'll the boat taken off the trailer and put on boat stands so it can be wrapped and protected (going to cost you). Second you'll want the trailer lifted (by crane) onto your flatbed and secured down. I would say not only do you wheels need to be chocked but the trailer needs to be strapped to your flatbed as an extra precaution. Then from there it's just a matter of getting the boat lifted onto the trailer and secured down. I'd strap that down as a precaution as well. If you can't find a boat yard that you can pay to do this then you're stuck with renting a crane and hiring a crane operator. Oh and you better make sure you're insured to haul a boat like that, otherwise you're just asking for trouble.
          thanks, if I take it that is what I will do. They will lift it, lower it onto my trailer and ill strap and go and do the same when I get to Lake Tahoe.

Problem is I dont think im going to take it. The owner has 1,000 questions and I am getting a "needy" vibe. Like he wanted to know (every hour if possible) where I was en route between the pickup location in SE Texas and Tahoe. Im leaning toward just passing on this deal.

Comment

What kind of trailer do you have , where do you want to go ..I might be able to help you with freight if you have your own auth / insur, etc .

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
              thanks, if I take it that is what I will do. They will lift it, lower it onto my trailer and ill strap and go and do the same when I get to Lake Tahoe.

Problem is I dont think im going to take it. The owner has 1,000 questions and I am getting a "needy" vibe. Like he wanted to know (every hour if possible) where I was en route between the pickup location in SE Texas and Tahoe. Im leaning toward just passing on this deal.
              Unless you've done it before and have the means of getting it loaded up, I'd pass on this request. Too much liability for you IMO.

To an extent I can understand wanting some updates on where a boat is. Every hour seems extreme to me but some people are just needy. We've got a 30ft Chaparral we had shipped from Corpus to Grapevine when we bought it. The guy from the transportation company we paid to move our boat blew 3 tires on his trailer on the way up.

I crew for a sailing charter out on Grapevine and once a year he pulls his 39ft sloop rig out of the water for new bottom paint and maintenance. It costs him close to $5k just to pull it out of the water for 3 days because of the size of the crane he has to rent.
              Originally posted by Jester
              Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
              He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
              Originally posted by Denny
              What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
              FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dad View Post
                What kind of trailer do you have , where do you want to go ..I might be able to help you with freight if you have your own auth / insur, etc .
                Im currently just starting out. Ive got my truck, (and if I can earn another $10k fairly quickly id like to buy Cooter's diesel as a 2nd truck) using a buddy's 40' gooseneck while I find a good one to purchase. Cooter gave me what to look for and Im currently trying to find a good one at a good price.

I just got my USDOT #, MC#, BOC-3 filed, Insurance policy and currently looking to see how I get my Texas DOT #. (I was told this morning I needed to get that too) Tomorrow I am taking my truck to get DOT inspection as well. Hopefully this week I can get all the permits/licenses/etc taken care of and out of the way. I have my Class A CDL and can haul haz-mat, so Im not sure if that will open any doors but I have it nonetheless.

Until I get all of the permits/licenses/etc 100% squared away I am just doing mainly runs as a driver. I just got a call from a guy contracted with Halliburton in El Reno, Ok that needs a load of pipes delivered to Hobbs NM so I may take that run tomorrow.

Eventually I would like to do any kind of dry freight hot shot runs. Oil Field, LTL, Farm Equipment, etc it doesnt really matter as long as the pay is decent and i get paid. PM me any leads or anything you might have, at this point, Ill drive anywhere anytime to get my pipeline started and pay my dues.

Comment

Any idea how much weight you are going to be able to scale ?

I move some hotshot stuff around from time to time

Had one on ok city today 14,000 lbs to Catarina Texas , paid the guy $1600 for 600 miles

Most of mine is 45-47,000

When you get all your docs pm me and I'll set you up and see if I can help you when I have light enough things for you

Comment

Had one on ok city today 14,000 lbs to Catarina Texas , paid the guy $1600 for 600 miles

When you get all your docs pm me and I'll set you up and see if I can help you when I have light enough things for you
                    no more than 26,000. I saw that 26,001+ put me in a whole new category and additional permits/licenses (ie- New Mexico) so I will be less than 26,000.

awesome thanks, I appreciate it.

Comment

I think you are smart to stay under 26,000 , there is a lot of that stuff around

pm me when set with a fax number we can swap paper and I'll try to help you get going .

Comment

Stop messing with freight in my area!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                          Stop messing with freight in my area!
                          You need me to shine up my lead pipe?
                          G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                            You need me to shine up my lead pipe?
                            I'm thinkin it might be in order.

Comment

Working...