hauling boat/loading a boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hauling boat/loading a boat

I wanted to hook and go (towing it) but the restorer said he didnt want road tar to get up on the hull of the boat thus wants it trailered on its trailer.
    Last edited by SMKR; 07-18-2011, 11:06 AM.

Wench? I dunno..
    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

First, make sure the boat is secured to the trailer. Lift the front of the boat trailer just enough to back the flat bed under it. Back up just enough to get the ramps up against the boat trailer wheels and secured to the flatbed. Then tie onto boat trailer and winch it the rest of the way onto the flatbed...
      "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Go to a marina and ask them to heavy lift it onto your trailer. They have those huge roll around lifts that can pick the boat and trailer up with no problems. Or find a large heavy duty fork lift!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
          Wench? I dunno..
          And after she gets you a beer, you can use a winch and a dolly to roll the tongue up on the trailer then secure like any other load.
          G'Day Mate

Comment

great ideas, thanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
              And after she gets you a beer, you can use a winch and a dolly to roll the tongue up on the trailer then secure like any other load.
              Open your mouth and I'll show you a load!
              How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
                Open your mouth and I'll show you a load!
                I'll pass, but I hear Elvis is taking part in a new psych study you might be interested in.
                G'Day Mate

Comment

I wouldn't haul a boat based on experience .

The customer at the destination will blame you for every nick and scratch and bald tires and tell you it was full of gas when it left ,etc.etc.

been down that road too many times with people and personal items

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dad View Post
                    I wouldn't haul a boat based on experience .

The customer at the destination will blame you for every nick and scratch and bald tires and tell you it was full of gas when it left ,etc.etc.

been down that road too many times with people and personal items
                    yup!

Comment

F that. It sounds dangerous to begin with. Not to mention, how do you plan to get it back off?

Have the hull protected with vinyl wrap if he's gonna be that anal about it.
                      When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Should you really be hauling shit cross country when you don't know how to load/unload it?
                        Originally posted by BradM
                        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Forklift through the side and then winch the trailer onto the flatbed. Then call your wench.

Comment

Is this a load that no one else wants? I'd think about that. What happened with the FEMA gig?

Comment

Forklift with extended forks, tie off to the trailer.

Comment

Working...
                              X