No announcement yet.

When do you guys prefer to go camping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When do you guys prefer to go camping?

I'm convinced that all of my friends are fucking retarded. I keep getting facebook invites to go camping in June, July, and August. I'm just thinking...seriously? It's 85+degrees in the middle of the night. I'm not sleeping in that shit. Give me late September or in the spring time where it'll dip down into the 60's at night and I can fight that with a sleeping bag.
    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

camping sucks any time, but camping in swampy heat/humidity is the MAJOR SUCK
    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
      camping sucks any time, but camping in swampy heat/humidity is the MAJOR SUCK
      I agree. I hate sleeping in tents. I like to camp in a log cabin or a lake house. If I wanna get in touch with nature I'll go pee in the backyard.

Comment

what are you a woman?!

i went camping last fri sat sun at lake texoma, all i had was a battery powered fan tied to the ceiling on the inside of my tent and i was fine. at one point my back was a tiny bit sweaty but sleeping on my side solved that. not sure of the exact temps up there but i know in dallas it was 106, 102 and 100 degrees for the high. i'm sure it was pretty much the same up there

oh and i sweat very easily at 230lbs(5'11''), so i'm sure if you are thinner if will be less of a problem

Comment

You'd be amazed how well a window unit works with a tent. Set it up on a cooler and make sure it drains outside, make some duct work with towels or t-shirts. I've never used one because I'm either too cheap to pay the extra $10 for electricity or I'll "camp" with someone that has a toy hauler but everyone else I camp with swears by them.

Comment

Originally posted by grove rat View Post
            what are you a woman?!

i went camping last fri sat sun at lake texoma, all i had was a battery powered fan tied to the ceiling on the inside of my tent and i was fine. at one point my back was a tiny bit sweaty but sleeping on my side solved that. not sure of the exact temps up there but i know in dallas it was 106, 102 and 100 degrees for the high. i'm sure it was pretty much the same up there

oh and i sweat very easily at 230lbs(5'11''), so i'm sure if you are thinner if will be less of a problem
            I can't sleep in the heat. Yes, I'm thinner than you, but I have to have a blanket on me to fall asleep and that's not happening in the middle of July. Am I a woman? No. Do I think it's a good idea to sleep outside when it's triple digit weather? No.

Comment

Camping rocks.

But you won't catch me camping in this dry, chigger-filled sauna. You'll find me in my tent at 10k+ feet where the temps still get around freezing at night. If I do camp here, it's gotta be between late fall and early spring.

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                I can't sleep in the heat. Yes, I'm thinner than you, but I have to have a blanket on me to fall asleep and that's not happening in the middle of July. Am I a woman? No. Do I think it's a good idea to sleep outside when it's triple digit weather? No.
                ya the blanket thing could be a problem

if the sites have electricity get one, some of my buddies that went got one and had a 110 unit at the entrance of the tent. it was useless during the day but it cooled off pretty good at night. from what they said at least

Comment

Don't matter to me, motorhome has 13.5 k a/c

Comment

In Texas, October usually has the most choice weather.

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                      I agree. I hate sleeping in tents. I like to camp in a log cabin or a lake house. If I wanna get in touch with nature I'll go pee in the backyard.
                      log cabin/lake house = LIVING, not camping!
                      http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Not hunting- March or October.

Hunting- November.

Comment

If you are camping off the water, it can be nice with a constant breeze.

Location matters, but around Texas we usually go. In March and october/november

Comment

During 75 below weather.....Sleeping in the heat sucks unless you are cheating with AC.....

Comment

If you drink enough to pass out it should not matter

Comment

Working...
                              X