No announcement yet.

Ford Explorer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In 2007 I found my wife a 2002 Explorer (4dr) with 30,000 miles. She has since twisted the odometer up to approximatley 60,000-62,000.

CEL one time = DPFE was on a recall
    Still on original brakes (changing next R&R cause she is starting to bitch about them)
    On 3rd set of tires
    Oil changes every 5,000.....fuel filter every 15,000......clean K&N panel filter as required
    Did have an issue with interior dome light staying on because a door switch kept registering open.
    A/C & Heat blend door broke = covered under her extended warranty.....this is actually a common problem and most GOOD Ford Techs know a quick fix as appossed to pulling the dash

Ours is paid off, my wife loves it, great for the dogs (now) and kids (future), great for groceries..gun range trips when I don't feel like driving the F150, great back storage all around (a 50gal water heater fits perfect with the seats folded down, etc)
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

You want a 2 door or 4 door?

Comment

My wife's 97 Mountaineer 5.0 has 259k miles when we traded it. I believe it still had the original plugs. Everything was good except the o2 sensors were problematic. And it got 20-21 mpg on the hwy, better than the v6.
        sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
        17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
        13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
        86 SVO - Sold
        '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
        01 TJ - new toy - Sold
        65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
          My wife's 97 Mountaineer 5.0 has 259k miles when we traded it. I believe it still had the original plugs. Everything was good except the o2 sensors were problematic. And it got 20-21 mpg on the hwy, better than the v6.
          Man, I hope mine goes 259k. The tranny concerns me, because that's the only reason I'd have to shit-can it. I changed the oil on mine at 165k, and she doesn't burn/leak/drip one drop of oil, so I feel like the motor's good for at least 250k.

Comment

I just sold my 99 EB 5.0 Exspo to TannerM . I was pissed my wife wanted a new car . I loved it and it was a great truck and still is .
            Big Rooster Racing

Comment

The wife has 01 explorer sport, we got it as Certfied pre owned about 7 yrs ago and it had 30k on it. The only issues so far have been very minor except the issue going on with it now. All the Body mount bushings are have completly runed to mush. I have found that just about every 1 from 98-01 does this and the bushings are not an easy or cheap find. I am waiting on the kit to arrive from 4 wheel parts then the fun begins. It now has about 109k on it and runs strong as hell with the 4.0L.

Comment

Originally posted by crooner View Post
                You want a 2 door or 4 door?
                Prefer a 2 door but 4 door would be ok
                Originally posted by Nash B.
                Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Found a good deal on one this weekend.

99 model 101,000 miles, all leather, sunroof, power everything, original owner, and the guy had all maintenance records since new! Got a great deal, thanks for all the feedback guys
                  Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked98Snake View Post
                    Found a good deal on one this weekend.

99 model 101,000 miles, all leather, sunroof, power everything, original owner, and the guy had all maintenance records since new! Got a great deal, thanks for all the feedback guys
                    Take decent care of it and expect another 100K. Nice find.

Comment

Can anybody tell me how to calculate how much the registration fee's will be at the tax office. Just a good estimate will do, I need to know how much to take with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked98Snake View Post
                        Can anybody tell me how to calculate how much the registration fee's will be at the tax office. Just a good estimate will do, I need to know how much to take with me.
                        The DMV has a form on their website, you just punch in the vin and your tax will be 80% of that value plus around $15 in other miscellaneous charges.

As for problems they have the timing chain concerns on the SOHC engine and the 5R55E transmissions have problems, no worse than what Dodge and GM offer though. They do have issues with the servo bores wearing out, they'll all do it eventually but when depends on driving style.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                          The DMV has a form on their website, you just punch in the vin and your tax will be 80% of that value plus around $15 in other miscellaneous charges.

As for problems they have the timing chain concerns on the SOHC engine and the 5R55E transmissions have problems, no worse than what Dodge and GM offer though. They do have issues with the servo bores wearing out, they'll all do it eventually but when depends on driving style.
                          Thanks man I'll check it out.

Comment

Working...
                          X