Good Neighbors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Neighbors

I let my dog out back at around 8:30 tonight and I noticed my Air conditioner was making a really weird noise. I walked up to it and the fan wasn't turning and it smelt like burnt wires. I knew it wasn't going to be fun in this heat with no A/C since my wife just got home from being in the hospital for 5 days. Luckily my next door neighbor is the vice president for a local A/C company so I went and knocked on his door asking for the number to the company he works for. He came and checked out my A/C and decided the capacitor took a shit. He than called one of his techncians that just happend to live about 5 miles away. He showed up with the part with in 10 minutes and I had my A/C working within 30 minutes of me first noticing it was broke. To top it off he said it was free of charge.

The bad thing is the damn unit is a Trane and only 5 years old. They sure don't make em like they use to. He showed me where the original capacitor was made in china, but his company only uses ones that are made in America.
    The really bad part is he said my new capacitor will out last my outside unit.

Bad ass, but I would still send him a check and by him I mean his business. I just hate owing people any favors. Nonetheless enjoy your A/C!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 564826 View Post
      Bad ass, but I would still send him a check and by him I mean his business. I just hate owing people any favors. Nonetheless enjoy your A/C!!!
      Trust me I tried to pay him, but he said not to worry about it. I figure I'll just take him and his wife out to a nice dinner next week.

Comment

Bad ass neighbor for sure.
        99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
        going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

Comment

Having good neighbors makes living somewhere so much more enjoyable.

Comment

Cool.

Comment

my neighbors' an asshole.

Comment

Originally posted by 3.90x3.62 View Post
                Cool.
                I see what you did there

Comment

I barely see me neighbors, but they don't complain when the music is on when we're swimming, nor us to them!

Glad you got it working. I went 10 days without AC recently and it sucked so bad.

Hope the wife is okay?

Comment

Good neighbors........State Farm is there?

Comment

Thats kickass!! You should post up his info and give the guy some free advertising.

One of my neighbors is a pretty kickass neighbor, the one on the other side is a renter and he sucks. Reminds me of Ice Cubes uncle and cousin on Next Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
                        I let my dog out back at around 8:30 tonight and I noticed my Air conditioner was making a really weird noise. I walked up to it and the fan wasn't turning and it smelt like burnt wires. I knew it wasn't going to be fun in this heat with no A/C since my wife just got home from being in the hospital for 5 days. Luckily my next door neighbor is the vice president for a local A/C company so I went and knocked on his door asking for the number to the company he works for. He came and checked out my A/C and decided the capacitor took a shit. He than called one of his techncians that just happend to live about 5 miles away. He showed up with the part with in 10 minutes and I had my A/C working within 30 minutes of me first noticing it was broke. To top it off he said it was free of charge.

The bad thing is the damn unit is a Trane and only 5 years old. They sure don't make em like they use to. He showed me where the original capacitor was made in china, but his company only uses ones that are made in America.
                        The really bad part is he said my new capacitor will out last my outside unit.
                        Glad to hear it worked out well for you and your wife.

Those capacitors go out so frequently that most service techs carry a box of them in their trucks. We're on our third one in seven years; the first two "Heche en Mexico" capacitors now replaced with a "Made in USA" version that's outlasted the previous two combined.

Comment

Very cool!

Comment

Free work? I'm on the phone with the HVAC Union Stewart as we speak!!!

Pretty cool of him, though.

Comment

hook him up with a free train engine, call it even.
                              www.hppmotorsports.com
                              ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Working...
                              X