How Long for Loans to Clear on Credit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lason View Post
    Nope, they are called FAKO scores by the guys on creditboard.com. They arent real fico scores and instead use a algorythym the USAA has in place. FICO wont release their algorythym.
    OK, then scratch everything I said above regarding my score changes after paying off a $9K debt. I was comparing the scores my mortgage broker pulled with the scores from USAA. I assumed that they were comparable numbers, but apparently not. Or maybe they are? Who the fuck knows.

I'm keeping the monitoring just long enough to close on the new house and then I'll cancel it. Fuck FICO.
    - Darrell

1993 LX - Reef Blue R331ci
    1993 Cobra #199 - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
      Those cocksuckers!
      Yep, thats how they get away with charging $40+ for scores on their site.

Comment

If you have a Sears card they'll give you a free credit score every month.

Comment

No, I don't need any sort of loan approval, just curious. I have been trying to get into the 800s for a while now and I was curious if relieving 8k off my credit would give me the boost I needed.
          You're too young (you're in your 20s, right?). I've never seen anyone below 32-33 with a legitimate 800+ FICO score on the real models that we (lenders) use. I've pulled about 1,200 credit reports so I feel like it's a decent sampling.

Comment

I dont use credit...I pay cash for things
            Originally posted by Da Prez
            Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
            Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Originally posted by SVT Lurch View Post
              You're too young (you're in your 20s, right?). I've never seen anyone below 32-33 with a legitimate 800+ FICO score on the real models that we (lenders) use. I've pulled about 1,200 credit reports so I feel like it's a decent sampling.
              I am 24 and about 30-40 points from my goal. It went up a few more - I used to have 8 inquiries on my report that eventually have fallen but I feel confident that when this other crap falls off it will go up. This is just the free one on freecreditreport.com. Usually when I dish out the money to get the other three they are typically higher.
              Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
              Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
                You paid cash for your car and house?
                Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
                  Me too and now getting a good rate on a house is near impossible.

Gotta pay to play in this world!

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
                    Me too and now getting a good rate on a house is near impossible.

Gotta pay to play in this world!
                    Go FHA if your loan amount is $271,050 or below. The "hit" to the rate for credit score is much less, although the mortgage insurnace is higher so depending on where your score is it may be a wash.

Comment

Fiance was just in same boat while we were buying our house. Sign up for freecreditreport.com and dispute any balances that aren't correct.

She paid off all her debt and then disputed the balances the next day. The company has a certain number of days (30?) to respond. So she got all of her balances updated within a few weeks I believe.

Cancel after that or at least call to cancel and they will offer half off. Worked for her

Comment

You paid cash for your car and house?
                        Cars yes! House no
                        Originally posted by Da Prez
                        Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                        Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Creditkarma.com

Its FREE and not bad. only knock is it only uses transunion but its a good reference if anything.
                          www.hppmotorsports.com
                          ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Working...
                          X