If aliens were to invade...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
    WHAT IF THEY ARE IN YOUR ASS RIGHT NOW!!!???
    I'm not falling for that again!

Last time I spent 15 minutes sitting on the bathroom counter trying to spread my ass open and shine a flashlight in there to find them!

Not again, good sir!

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
      I'm not falling for that again!

Last time I spent 15 minutes sitting on the bathroom counter trying to spread my ass open and shine a flashlight in there to find them!

Not again, good sir!
      LMAO

At some point, you can guarantee that there was an Art Bell episode on tiny anal aliens....

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
        I would say that we declared victory in Hiroshima and Nagasaki without having boots on the ground

We never invaded mainland Japan, as our awesome weaponry did the trick. Aliens could/would have weaponry that could vaporize and kill us all similarly. I imagine that with knowledge of biological engineering they could just whip up something like to Ebola virus and unleash that shit.
        We didn't occupy Japan? It isn't like we could force them to change from Hawaii.

The only time you don't need an occupying force is when you make the defeated country accept its fate as a vassal entity and its own government enforces your will.
        Originally posted by racrguy
        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
          What if they are all bounty hunters and Siths and have lightsabers and blasters?
          My old lady was watching Black Swan last night and when that dude was grabbing Natalie Portman's snatch all I could think about was Jar Jar Binks doing the same.
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?

Comment

I would say that we declared victory in Hiroshima and Nagasaki without having boots on the ground

We never invaded mainland Japan, as our awesome weaponry did the trick. Aliens could/would have weaponry that could vaporize and kill us all similarly. I imagine that with knowledge of biological engineering they could just whip up something like to Ebola virus and unleash that shit.
            Make it look as natural as possible to avoid any possible way of identifying who was behind the attack.

edit: so they (alien race) could come down to earth and do whatever they wanted at their leisure, without the need for force.

Comment

Originally posted by roliath View Post
              Make it look as natural as possible to avoid any possible way of identifying who was behind the attack.

edit: so they (alien race) could come down to earth and do whatever they wanted at their leisure, without the need for force.
              From the standpoint of the invaders, this would be ideal assuming that they want our resources.
              Originally posted by lincolnboy
              After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

WHAT IF THEY ARE IN YOUR ASS RIGHT NOW!!!???
                LOL

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

A great example of this is Harry Turtledove's World War series of books. A group of aliens decide to attack the earth. They have faster than light travel but it isn't all that fast. It doesn't matter to them because they live a hell of a lot longer than we do, IE it is ok if it takes a thousand years to get here. So they send out probes and scout our planet. The scouts see the world at about 1200 AD with people living in an agrarian type of society. They report back and someone says "Oh hey, these assholes on Earth, they will be pushovers! They are still using spears and shit, this will be cake!". So the aliens launch an invasion fleet. Oh boy this is where it gets fun, it takes 700 years to get here. Which in their frame of reference is fine, it is like next year to us, shit they live forever. They finally get here and it is 1940 and it is World War II and the world is industrialized and ready for total war. They only brought the equipment to subdue a medieval agrarian society. Come to find out, humans advance their technology faster than any race they have attempted to conquer in the past. Ooops, big intelligence mistake on their part. Then to top it all off, ginger is like crack to their people and half their invasion force becomes addicted to it. It just turns into a bigger cluster fuck from there...

But all that stuff is things that people don't think about. All they think is that some aliens might have bigger/better guns so they automatically win. Wars over real estate don't work like that even though battles do.
                  Damn...when is that book becoming a movie!
                  "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post

David
                    Good movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiteboy View Post
                      Good movie.
                      Certainly an oldie, but one of my all time favorites.

David

Comment

Discover 2 player games unblocked at Friv5Online. Compete, cooperate, and have fun with thrilling multiplayer action. Play together and enjoy the excitement from 2 player games!
                        Last edited by LaserSVT; 07-14-2011, 06:20 PM.
                        Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Here is how it really goes down...

DFWM intercepts cross galaxy forum shit talk about these alien shit bags coming to Texas. So the PIs on this site did out the home addresses, photo bucket accounts, and alien wives Facebook accounts. Soon the aliens are arguing amongst themselves because we expose their public info and the womenz are getting interested...but we aren't stopping. They constantly receive calls for chuck...WTF right? Then SEB invites one of those fuckers to circuit city and actually wins this fight because aliens obviously don't know arm bars.

They are shamed, and uninterested. DFWM prevails again.

Comment

From the standpoint of the invaders, this would be ideal assuming that they want our resources.
                            Although the title of the thread was what would happen if aliens were to invade, if they just wanted to wipe us out one of the easiest things to do for an advanced race would be for them to drag an asteroid from the asteroid belt and let it impact the earth. The one that killed the dinosaurs was two miles wide if I remember right. It would kill everything and we would have no defense, in fact we probably wouldn't see it coming until it was right on top of us. Once it impacted they could just wait a while and come back for whatever they wanted as long as the resource wasn't something that could be damaged in such an attack. They also wouldn't have to worry about side effects of biological weapons or losing their own people or any of that sort of thing either.

Comment

They could just drop asteroids from the asteroid belt on us and we have zero defense against that
                              I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Why not just bring an asteroid from the asteroid belt? We would have no defense against it...

Except Bruce Willis and Ben afleck

Comment

Working...
                                X