No announcement yet.

thanksgiving crew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got done taking the dog to the emergency vet. Bleh!
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I'm hiding from the inlaws upstairs as long as possible until the ol lady comes in yelling at me.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
        Right. I can buy my son a decent first car with just today and tomorrow's compensation. My family better appreciate this crap! LOL

Sure beats dealing with a house full of family.

I know it's been six years since we talked about this, but seriously, are there still available positions over there starting out at over 100k?

Comment

<--- working 5a-5p today and tomorrow.
          2007 Silverado CC
          1970 Mustang Coupe

True Street Motorsports. 972-542-9886

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
            I know it's been six years since we talked about this, but seriously, are there still available positions over there starting out at over 100k?
            Most of this is winding down, but there are some companies hiring here and there. I'm down to eight employees in Iraq and about 12 in Afghanistan. KBR was just notified to reduce its footprint on this base by 30% (not sure about the rest of Theatre. We just won our final Task Order out here for 12 months that started on the 22nd. In about 6 months, there is going to be a rush from waves of both civilians and military (reserves) coming back to the States. I haven't been in the Afghanistan loop too much, but our guys are leaving Dec 19th.

That's why I'm leaving at the end of December. I need to get a head start on everyone coming back. I'm trying to get my company to just transfer me to Guam on their 5 year contract, but they won't need me until at least June. Unfortunately, most of our projects worldwide don't pay much more than our salaries in the States. I will only make between 40-60% of what I'm making now, but it was still more than I ever did in Dallas.

I know the best way to get your foot in the door is to still go through the big three (KBR, Dyncorp, Fluor), but I can see panic in their employees' eyes as I get more and more coming into my office looking for a job.

The hiring process got screwed up out here early. It quickly became a buddy system to those who kissed the asses of the higher-ups. I've seen several more than qualified people not even get called or anything.

Comment

Sounds like I missed my window. Story of my life lately.

Comment

I still think there are several years left in Afghanistan, but I've managed to avoid that place like the plague. I'd seriously throw my resume out to those three companies listed for Afghanistan. You could get something in logistics or supply with your background. It would also be slightly higher pay than the field trades.

Comment

Do you need a hug? I may know someone who can help.
                  Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                  Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
                    Do you need a hug? I may know someone who can help.

I'll settle for a blow job or just a job with some outlandish pay for 2 or 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                      I still think there are several years left in Afghanistan, but I've managed to avoid that place like the plague. I'd seriously throw my resume out to those three companies listed for Afghanistan. You could get something in logistics or supply with your background. It would also be slightly higher pay than the field trades.

Rough idea of pay? Thanks man.

Comment

Rough idea of pay? Thanks man.
                        I think the warehose foreman was making around 92K with KBR, I'm sure the other companies aren't too far off since they're all under the LOGCAP contract. Logistics is a little more. I'd personally take the warehouse gig because it's one of those jobs that has both inside and outside activity (need any breaks from the same ol out here) and you make a lot of "friends." Life can get real easy out there.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                          IM working..9a to midnight
                          Ah, that's one of the many reasons I don't miss working in the medical field. Kicking back with family, turkey, and a beer is much more enjoyable way to spend my time. But, I'm jaded, so take it with a grain of salt.

Comment

I worked last night and tonight from 11pm to 7am
                            sigpic

www.metroplexkustoms.com

Comment

Originally posted by silvercobra03 View Post
                              I worked last night and tonight from 11pm to 7am
                              Same here. Doubletime so I can't complain. Probably be off Xmas, but hope to work that also
                              <---------greedy
                              2019 ram 4x4.....no toys currently

Comment

Originally posted by R1psycho View Post
                                Same here. Doubletime so I can't complain. Probably be off Xmas, but hope to work that also
                                <---------greedy
                                Nothing wrong with that. Got to make that money. I know I'm working Xmas eve and Xmas day. Both days double time. New years eve and dad also double time. Nice nice
                                99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
                                going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

Comment

Working...
                                X