Walkie Talkie Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walkie Talkie Help

Long story short...we have NO cell phone reception on the new deer lease in Cisco Tx. I have a couple sets of cheap Cobra's, but I'm only getting 3 tenths of a mile range. I need at least a mile or better. Is there a set that will do this for us without breaking the bank? Or maybe something else I havent thought of yet?
    Photobucket

Soup cans and a long rope.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
      lolz

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
        Cant affort that much string.
        Photobucket

Comment

Well then you're fucked.

Comment

Go old school

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
              Go old school

LOL. Now thats funny. I am old school...
              Photobucket

Comment

Some of our customers sell the big motorolas as well as the wal-mart ones too. A tech rep told me to pull the manual and check the channels info in it. Apparently only a few channels utilize the full power of the unit. In other words, say it's a 1 watt power/signal. If there are 38 channels (typical), maybe only 2 use the full watt while 36 use 0.3 watts (to prolong battery life) because most people don't stretch them out so far.

You may be able to just switch channels and use the full power of the units to make it work.

Comment

16 mile for $30
                  Walkie Talkies are a hell of a lot cheaper than the use to be.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Cobra+-+...&skuId=2038052
                  I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

If you're only getting 3/10 mile range, something must be wrong with them. You should be able to get a couple of miles at a minimum with them. Are they old? You can get some pretty decent ones for <$40, here are a couple...

"It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

36 miles for $70
                      http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Midland+...&skuId=9905353
                      I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                        16 mile for $30
                        Walkie Talkies are a hell of a lot cheaper than the use to be.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Cobra+-+...&skuId=2038052
                        Here's a grab from their manual.

A user must be licensed prior to operating on Channels 1 through 7 or 15 through 22, which comprise the GMRS channels of this radio.

Those are the channels making use of more power to match the frequency. The result is greater distance but shorter battery life.

Comment

4 or 5 years old. I'll have to do a web search on the Cobra PR 590 WX to see about the channel's for distance
                          Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSnake View Post
                            Cant affort that much string.
                            lol @ affort.
                            DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Nice area. We get off 20 in Cisco to head another 2 HOURS to our lease.

Comment

Working...
                              X