Anthony Bourdain coming to the Majestic 10/27

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
    I have to say, I think 15 minutes around that guy and I would have to punch him in his snarky yankee face.

That said, I've never missed an episode of his show, and I'm not really any kind of foodie. It's just damn entertaining, and he's often miserable on the show, which is doubly entertaining.

I do wish they'd change the music at the opening of the show and bumper after commercials. That guitar-raping twang makes me want to punch him even more.
    Originally posted by talisman View Post
    I really tried hard to like that show, and I think he is mildly interesting, but something just never would click right with me about it. And I think it is just his style of talking, or voice that annoys me on some lower level. I usually like what he has to say, but I want to punch him in the face at the same time. Beats me.

He's a textbook Chef. Self absorbed, cynical, asshole. I like the guy, but I'm also used to dealing with these types. His yankee shit annoys me from time to time, but who isn't annoyed by yankee shit?
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
      He's a textbook Chef. Self absorbed, cynical, asshole. I like the guy, but I'm also used to dealing with these types. His yankee shit annoys me from time to time, but who isn't annoyed by yankee shit?

Which by all accounts means I should like him, and I know that in my head, but just don't. I do envy the fuck outta him! But I envy AND like Jeremy Clarkson, so that isn't it.

Comment

Bourdain is a hack who couldn't handle it in his own industry, who became known for his big mouth, his severe drug and alchohol addiction rather than his cooking which he has hardly any awards for. He regularly takes shots at successful people in his industry many of those being Michelin Star awardees.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          Bourdain is a hack who couldn't handle it in his own industry, who became known for his big mouth, his severe drug and alchohol addiction rather than his cooking which he has hardly any awards for. He regularly takes shots at successful people in his industry many of those being Michelin Star awardees.
          You don't get to be a chef in NY by being a "hack". Yes, he's known for his mouth. But what Chef isn't? And yes, he takes shots at other chefs. EVERY chef takes shots at others. They are all the best, in their own eyes. Foodservice is a cut throat industry. They are all selling a product, and selling themselves. It's natural to knock the next guy.
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
            You don't get to be a chef in NY by being a "hack". Yes, he's known for his mouth. But what Chef isn't? And yes, he takes shots at other chefs. EVERY chef takes shots at others. They are all the best, in their own eyes. Foodservice is a cut throat industry. They are all selling a product, and selling themselves. It's natural to knock the next guy.
            You are correct, but in his case his mouth overrides his credentials. He regularly attacks Michelin winners because he can't come close to recieving one. Not to mention he hasn't cooked in YEARS, well, other than bullshit.

He has a beef with any successful chef with a big name, especially anyone from the Food Network because they are clean cut and PC. He has real beef with Legasse, Ray, Flay and even Gordon Ramsay who is a multi time Michelin winner who is just really just a succesful version of Bourdain with the mouth and asshole bit. The difference between Ramsay and Bourdain is that Ramsay isn't a drunk/addict with a chip on his shoulder.

I like his show, seeing the places he goes, the food he tries etc. But as for him, he's an asshat. It's his own fault he got blackballed from his industry.

Comment

There's going to be a quasi small dinner thing with him (about 40 people) either the night before, or the night of this event. If interested, let me know.

Comment

Working...
              X