Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anthony Bourdain coming to the Majestic 10/27

For all the foodies.

This just in: Chef, novelist (and Bone in the Throat is highly recommended) and TV-show host Anthony Bourdain's booked a gig at the city-run Majestic Theater in October, with tickets going on sale this Friday. The full release follows, but long story short: "Bourdain will spend the evening sharing candid...

Tickets go on sale to the public Friday at 10, the presale is already going and the password is: TONY

Do you have to make "reservations?"

Comment

I'm in for that.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Who is that guy and why would you go watch him? Is he a comic or something or just someone who likes food?
        Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
        Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
        Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
        You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Hes kinda like Mike Rowe in that hes a commentor on society.

Comment

Originally posted by Leah View Post
            Who is that guy and why would you go watch him? Is he a comic or something or just someone who likes food?
            He's one of the most famous chefs in the world with a pedigree to match. His show has won an Emmy and has been nominated several times. He goes to exotic locations but shows you the non tourist side, usually with local guides who are probably fans of the show. He also smokes like crazy, cusses a lot, drinks like a fish and gets it all on film.

Samantha Brown shows you the nice hotels and all the museums, Anthony Bourdain shows you the street vendors, bars, boxing rings and little league baseball fields.

Comment

ZOMG!!!!!!!!!!!! I love this dude!!! I'm there!!

Comment

That's bad ass. We may have to get a sitter for this.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
                  That's bad ass. We may have to get a sitter for this.
                  I'd get the tickets now on presale before the general public gets at them on Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
                    I'd get the tickets now on presale before the rest of the nerd population gets at them on Friday.
                    fixed!@

god bless.
                    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

so he's going to stand there and talk about food?

Comment

His show is more than just about food. Its food and culture throughout the world. Its like Insomniac with Dave Attel, but about food, and he travels all over the world..

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                          so he's going to stand there and talk about food?
                          No. You simpletons are so predictable.
                          Originally posted by BradM
                          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I have to say, I think 15 minutes around that guy and I would have to punch him in his snarky yankee face.

That said, I've never missed an episode of his show, and I'm not really any kind of foodie. It's just damn entertaining, and he's often miserable on the show, which is doubly entertaining.

I do wish they'd change the music at the opening of the show and bumper after commercials. That guitar-raping twang makes me want to punch him even more.

Comment

I really tried hard to like that show, and I think he is mildly interesting, but something just never would click right with me about it. And I think it is just his style of talking, or voice that annoys me on some lower level. I usually like what he has to say, but I want to punch him in the face at the same time. Beats me.

Comment

Working...
                              X