What is it worth (cummins)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is it worth (cummins)

Trying to put a reasonable price on a truck to sell it.

2005 Dodge Cummins 3/4 ton
    Automatic
    Blue
    Long bed quad cab
    2 Wheel drive
    Gray Cloth
    CD player
    power windows and door locks
    Cruise control
    Weatherguard cross box and side bins (pretty used, but still function)

The Good:
    Seems to run and drive fine.
    2 new batteries

The Bad:
    Needs a new front bumper, has a Frontier front replacement that is caved in in the middle on it currently. Still drivable, just looks bad. Has some scrapes down one side of the bed. Interior has some tears and stains, but cleaned up decent. Has one good tire and 3 pretty bald ones.

I'm also trying to figure out what to ask for an old suburban as well

1982 3/4 ton Suburban
    454 BBC
    I think the mileage is around 120-150k
    2 wheel drive
    Always kept in a car port its whole life
    Very clean truck
    no 3rd seat
    Last edited by GrayStangGT; 07-13-2011, 09:38 AM.

Pics?

Id say 9-14k on the truck, depending on condition

Suburban, 4kish, if its really clean....

Comment

I tried to sell a 06 slt crew 2wd power seat just like it in Feb. for $14k.

It is perfect in every way other than it had 185k miles. Not a dent or scratch, good tires, and the highest offer I received was $11k. Decided to keep it and now my mom uses it to pick up mulch/potting soil and to haul shrubs. It is too great a truck to give away.

That said, you can probably get around $11-12k for it if tires are good. I'm pricing out my 06 dodge with 120k right now to sell it, but it is a shortbed, and I'm seeing those clean with 100-125k miles for 14-19.

Comment

Originally posted by Pooter View Post
        Pics?

Im going with this ninja.

Comment

Originally posted by Pooter View Post
          Pics?

I haven't taken pictures yet, waiting for our sign guy to come take off the company signs. Might start at 10-11k and see if it goes anywhere. I would be damn happy to get 4k on the suburban, it might have a little fade to the paint on the back half(the only part that ever sees the sun) but no major dents or scratches. We have had it 10 years as a spare vehicle and the original owner was super anal changing the oil every 2k miles etc. Mechanically it is excellent and for being almost 30 years old the outside and inside are damn good too. It's two tone brown and looks like it's straight out of the 80's diamond plate running boards and all lol.

Comment

I need that damn suburban like I need a hole in the head, but I want it all the same.
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
              I need that damn suburban like I need a hole in the head, but I want it all the same.
              A couple more weeks and it will probably be in the classifieds. Get's great mileage.
              I actually did manage to get a speeding ticket in it about 7 or 8 years ago when I was driving it while the mustang was getting a new rearend lol.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                A couple more weeks and it will probably be in the classifieds. Get's great mileage.
                I actually did manage to get a speeding ticket in it about 7 or 8 years ago when I was driving it while the mustang was getting a new rearend lol.
                Good luck man. Damn shame you can't hold it for like 2 years. Then I could pay straight cash!

Comment

But it is just begging you to take it home and wash that west Texas dirt off. I put a new battery on it a couple of months ago and she started right up and ran great, just needs a good carwash.

Between company and personal vehicles there is too much stuff sitting around here time to clear out a couple that never get driven. If it was 4x4 or even a pickup I'd keep it, but don't really have any use for it anymore.

Comment

But it is just begging you to take it home and wash that west Texas dirt off. I put a new battery on it a couple of months ago and she started right up and ran great, just needs a good carwash.

Between company and personal vehicles there is too much stuff sitting around here time to clear out a couple that never get driven. If it was 4x4 or even a pickup I'd keep it, but don't really have any use for it anymore.
                    I'm telling you. Wait, and I'll buy it without negotiating. Ask Crash how I roll.

Comment

With the right attention, that Suburban could make for a neat family truckster project.

Comment

I'd say $8-10k on the dodge... 2wd auto long bed isn't desirable... especially w/ all the cosmetic issues
                        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
                          With the right attention, that Suburban could make for a neat family truckster project.
                          It needs a Duramax swap, and a detail.

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                            I'm telling you. Wait, and I'll buy it without negotiating. Ask Crash how I roll.
                            I wish I could justify letting it sit there another 2 years for you, because that's exactly the kind of buyer I like to deal with. It would be pretty awesome with a Duramax swap.

Comment

I wish I could justify letting it sit there another 2 years for you, because that's exactly the kind of buyer I like to deal with. It would be pretty awesome with a Duramax swap.
                              Want a deposit?

Comment

Working...
                              X