Mic Todd Arrested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mic Todd Arrested

A judge raised the bail for the bass player's bail from $10,000 to $25,000 cash, citing the seriousness of the charges, his out-of-state addresses and previous record.

Not sure how many of you like or have heard of Coheed and Cambria but my sister and I are friends with Wes Styles in the band.

Coheed and Cambria bass player Michael (aka Mic) Todd was arraigned Monday in a Massachusetts court on charges of armed robbery and unlawful possession of prescription narcotics.

The arraignment comes just one day after his arrest in Attleboro, Mass., shortly before the band was set to open for Soundgarden.

Todd was arrested Sunday after police responded to a report of a robbery around 1 p.m. at a Walgreens.

"Upon arrival, it was learned that a male had threatened a pharmacist with a bomb threat and demanded Oxycontin," police told The Hollywood Reporter in a statement. "The male was given six bottles of pain pills."

Todd, 30, was then seen by a passerby getting into a cab, which police discovered was headed to the Comcast Center, where Coheed and Cambria were set to perform that night.

During the arraignment, Judge Daniel O'Shea increased Todd's bail from $10,000 to $25,000 cash, according to published reports. He cited the seriousness of the charges, Todd's out-of-state addresses (he lives in New York with his parents but gave Anaheim as his current city of residence) and previous record, which includes a conviction for drug possession and an arrest for reckless driving.

Assistant District Attorney Mark Donovan had requested the bail be increased to $100,000 cash.

On its website Sunday, Coheed and Cambria addressed Todd's arrest, saying he's off the tour.

"Michael Todd was arrested today on what we consider very serious charges and therefore he will not be finishing up the current tour," a statement read. "Wes Styles, longtime member of the Coheed family, will take on bass duties starting tomorrow for the remaining dates. No shows will be canceled.

"We are surprised to say the least and will address the situation with Michael after the tour. For now, we just want to have a great time out here and finish with some killer shows in Boston, Poughkeepsie, Quebec City and Halifax."

Hours after the arrest, 311 bassist P-Nut tweeted, "My boy Michael Todd from Coheed held up a Walgreens to snag some drugs. Wow. Time to get fully sober homey. #think"

Coheed and Cambria has released five studio albums, including its most recent, Year of the Black Rainbow, in 2010.
    QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Heard about that on the Mastodon board this morning. I guess Coheed will be looking for a new bass player. Or maybe they can just call it quits since their output as of late has been completely boring.
    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

I have to agree when it comes to albums but they still put on an EXCELLENT show live. Hopefully Wes keeps the bass spot and they continue on.

Mic had a LOT of problems in the past and still was doing some smoking from what I remember but it seems he relapsed again and BAD. Hope he learns his lesson.

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
        Heard about that on the Mastodon board this morning. I guess Coheed will be looking for a new bass player. Or maybe they can just call it quits since their output as of late has been completely boring.
        Agreed. I was intrigued by them when I saw them open for Thrice and Thursday in 2003 in Austin. Had never heard of them before that, and bought their album at the show. Now, not so interested.

Comment

That's too bad,hopefully he will learn from this.

I like their old stuff-not so much on the new stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by KoopaTroopa View Post
            That's too bad,hopefully he will learn from this.

I like their old stuff-not so much on the new stuff.
            Yeah but I don't think he will be out for a while.

If you ever get a chance go catch a live show when they come around, you won't be disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by Jewrrick View Post
              Yeah but I don't think he will be out for a while.

If you ever get a chance go catch a live show when they come around, you won't be disappointed.
              Yeah, they are pretty sweet live.. very intense!

Comment

I figured it'd be for putting out so much horrible music.

Comment

Richard Christy is going to be devastated....

Comment

Working...
                  X