Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need a plate run. just had a hit and run...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
    You're a damn criminal sir.
    lol.. I didn't force any hands what so ever. Called them to handle it and they did. Now a criminal won't say anything when he sells the truck. I am not selling anytime soon. It is paid off for God's sakes.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leah View Post
      UPDATE: USAA is paying the claim and is mailing me a check for what the estimate showed. I've never had it done this way so I assume that if the total cost is higher, the shop will just contact USAA?

I need some body shop recommendations now so I can get this done! Anyone have a recommendation in the HEB area?

Thanks!

The Craig's on 183 is good.

Which ever shop you choose will contact the ins. co. just be sure to give them the estimate and claim info. I know its common sense but you would be surprised how often it doesn't happen.
      Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevo View Post
        Boob sweat isn't a bad thing, unless it man-boob sweat.

Stevo
        Which Seb is all too familiar with!!

Comment

• Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
          Several years ago I was working midnights on the SE side of town. A nice 4door BMW was southbound on MLK going from lane to lane. It almost sideswiped a truck and when the truck slowed down, the driver started pointing frantically at the car like I had no clue it was there.

I made a stop and the driver was a VERY hot 34 yoa woman wearing a black cocktail dress. Not just hot, OMG hot. I asked for her DL, and she handed me a Visa card that it took her about 3 minutes just to get it out of her wallet. I could smell the odor of alcohol and it was apparent that she could not focus on the wallet to find her DL.

I called for a DWI officer and when he arrived, the SFSE began. He had to take off her heels to attempt the walk and turn. She almost fell several times, and was too intoxicated to complete the test. After the officer handcuffed her, she asked him who was in charge. The DWI officer looked at me, and then she looked at me, bent over at the waist to show her boobage and said "I'll do ANYTHING"... The funny thing is the whole thing was video/audio taped and when I looked back at the tape, you see me taking about 3 steps back. I told the officer it was time to transport her, and I waited on the wrecker.

There is nothing that she could offer that would remotely tempt me into throwing away a 30 year career. I've had people hand me $20, $50, and $100 bills folded up behind their driver's license to get out of tickets. I know exactly what that is for, but I always break the ice by saying "oh look, you had some money stuck to the back"....
          I hate being busy, and catching up on this shit after the fact, but you're a cool dude Matt, I would love to believe that 95% of the officers out there hold the same logic and personal morals. Sadly the percentage is alot less, and numbers speak volumes. Any chance you know some good guys in Sacramento? Not that I speed alot anymore, nor do I have cleavage, but it'd be nice to have a hookup.

I'm glad that you're getting taken care of Leah, a hit-n-run would be icing, but at least you found an officer to handle shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big A View Post
            I hate being busy, and catching up on this shit after the fact, but you're a cool dude Matt, I would love to believe that 95% of the officers out there hold the same logic and personal morals. Sadly the percentage is alot less, and numbers speak volumes. Any chance you know some good guys in Sacramento? Not that I speed alot anymore, nor do I have cleavage, but it'd be nice to have a hookup.

I'm glad that you're getting taken care of Leah, a hit-n-run would be icing, but at least you found an officer to handle shit.

Not really. The last time I was in southern Cali was for USMC boot camp back in 1987. Honestly, the best thing you can do when you get stopped is acknowledge the reason you were stopped, and be courteous. I hate to say it, but human nature plays a HUGE roll in citations, unless you get stopped by a traffic officer who's sole role it is to generate revenue.

Comment

• yup yup, I got pulled over for 76 in a 60 the other day... the officer was like "and you were yapping on the cell phone to boot!"

"well sir, that's probably why I wasn't paying attention to my speed"

lulz

he wrote me up for 65 in a 60 and said he usually doesn't have time to make jury trials
              http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

• I've gotten out of way more tickets than I've been given by being respectful or making the officer laugh. It doesn't work every time though, but usually it is the traffic cops that won't bend at all. Hell, I've been pulled over for drag racing right in front of a female officer(possible speeding, contest of speed, illegal display of acceleration, and who knows what all else she could've given me), and she didn't give me a single ticket. I think she was surprised a 21 year old in a Mustang was so respectful and polite towards her. She gave me a little hell, but wasn't a bitch about it, either.

Comment

• I was pulled over earlier this year doing 78 in a 60. Told the cop he caught being "stupid on duty". He laughed in agreement and told me to have a nice day.

Comment

• I usually get about 10 warnings per actual citation... I was plenty happy with him bumping it down to 65 in 60. I was due! LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                      I usually get about 10 warnings per actual citation... I was plenty happy with him bumping it down to 65 in 60. I was due! LOL

Man, that's the truth. I've got roughly the same demographic. I'm LONG overdue, it'll probably be pretty rough once I get popped.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leah View Post
                        LMAO! It was the boob sweat that got him. Standing in a parking lot in the middle of downtown Ft. Worth in 100 degree temps probably wasn't that flattering.
                        It twitched.
                        How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
                          Man, that's the truth. I've got roughly the same demographic. I'm LONG overdue, it'll probably be pretty rough once I get popped.
                          I made it unscathed to/from Colorado this year w/ the cruise on 95-100 the whole time. I'll take this little ticket

Comment

• Well since this thread has obviously swayed from the OP.... I have, what I think is, a great story about getting out of a ticket.
                            (My Wife and kids went to the UT vs. Tech game last year and the in laws paid for it all! Sadly, I had to work.)

Sunday after the game I met my wife and kids in Abilene so I could pick up my school aged daughter and get her back home before Monday. We're heading back to DFW on 20 from Abilene with my daughter in the passenger/car seat in my decently prepped open track/auto x 2000 GT. (Cage, open exhaust, etc.) I crest a hill in the fast lane, passing a much slower car, doing about 76 in a 65 shoot'n the bull w/ my daughter about the weekend and sure as shit a white car is sitting on top of an over pass and hits me with the laser. (Laser/lidar? enabled detector SCREAMED instantly.) I went under the over pass and saw MANY HIPO on the side of the road just waiting. I just knew I was getting a ticket. I pulled over and had my license/insurance ready before he was even up to the passenger side window. My daughter was all "WTF is going on?!?!?" (Age appropriate WTF, obviously.) I explained I was driving faster than I should and that the officer was just doing his job. (This is where, in my opinion, it gets good.) The officer walked up, said hello, asked for the normal stuff, why I was being pulled over, license, etc. He went back to his car and came back shortly. He went on to ask where we were coming from what we were doing, etc. I explained I was picking up my kid from the game and he asked my daughter "Well honey, you went to the game last night?" I'm so proud of my kid here. She responded, and I quote "Yes sir!". Mr. HIPO "And who were you routing for?"
                            Here I happen to look at his right hand, which was resting on the passenger side door, in time to see the gold Texas Alum ring. Her response? "Well Texas OF COURSE!". Mr. HIPO, "Little lady, you just made your Daddy's day! Sir, please drive home carefully, you have a future Longhorn here, she needs to make it to Austin in a couple of years."
                            Greatest get out of a ticket story of my life. Let me tell you, I was beaming from Abilene to Mansfield!
                            Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                            There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

• I got out of 2 in about a months time. I am always courteous and respectful, yes sir/ma'am, try and find my way into a parking lot or somewhere they will not be in harms way, etc. One was 40+ in a 30, on my way to a benefit (picking for preemies, we were a main contributor), Got out of that one on honesty, He asked how fast I was going, I told him 40, I saw the first speed limit sign since I entered that stretch of road at the same time I saw him. He took all of my information went to the cruiser, came back and said "If its ok with you, I'm going to give you a warning and send you on your way". The next one, I was going to finish cleaning out my house and get all of my stuff into storage. Mad the 30 minute trip and forgot the effin keys to the house and the storage unit. 90 mph trip home, 80-85 mph trip back to the house I was moving out of. (all highway between Greenville and Wolfe City) 5 minutes from the house, I pass an unmarked car. He immediately flips around and lights me up. I pull in to an old gas station, he walks up to the window, seemingly with a purpose, asked if I knew how fast I was going. My response, "no sir, I had the cruise control set". Asked to see my license and insurance, had a glance, handed them back, leaned over said I was going entirely too fast, walked back to his car and left. I looked at my girlfriend as he was backing out, trying to figure out just what in the heck happened.
                              Originally posted by Leah
                              Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

• Well FUCK IT, when I get home on R&R next month I am speeding everywhere and am gonna see if they let me off with a warning. I guess the downside of this little experiment will be when my bad luck serves me up a fat ticket I will have to pay. I may even try the $50 spot folded up between my CHL, DL, ID, and Military ID. See if I can get away with it, cause I am not offering up any other services. lol
                                Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Working...
                                X