Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
    You guys need to google phimosis/paraphimosis

That is enough reason to cut. Im 100% for circumcision. I have seen many performed when I was in nursing school working in the nursery. Kids dont cry much from the procedure. They numb up the penis and use special designed tools to do it. I think the Gomco clamp is the best because it offers a bell that goes over the head of the penis and when the foreskin is cut, the scalpel is cutting against the metal bell.

The procedures are not near as bad as you would think. The penis is locally anesthetized and the boy wont feel anything after 30sec-1min when it goes numb.
    You a RN? I'm a RN also, but haven't worked in the field in over 5 years.

What are the worldwide stats on circumcision? I bet we perform more than anyplace else. Last I read on this subject the trend of leaving the foreskin intact was gaining ground in the US.

Comment

• You'd figure if there were clear benefits to circumcision, it would be more prevalent throughout the world. Yet:

Originally posted by World Health Organization
      Using these assumptions, we estimate that approximately 30% of the world’s males aged 15 years or older are circumcised (Table 2). Of these, around two thirds (69%) are Muslim (living mainly in Asia, the Middle East and North Africa), 0.8% are Jewish, and 13% are non-Muslim and non-Jewish men living in the United States of America.

Comment

• It is more of a cosmetic procedure now...the beliefs of the past have shown, over time, to not be reality. With that said, and as a man, I am for it.

For those against it, here is some good info.

This article discusses the scope of the infant circumcision problem in the United States, and contains photos of its tragic consequences.

Comment

• Originally posted by dblack1 View Post

What are the worldwide stats on circumcision? I bet we perform more than anyplace else. Last I read on this subject the trend of leaving the foreskin intact was gaining ground in the US.
          Not quite, Muslims have the US beat, by a landslide.

Comment

• I have no smart comment! I'm snipped but i hear its more sensetive if not... If i wasnt married id still get all the bitches and hoes with small snipped wanker(hehe J/K)! Ill also add that I'm 30 and going bald!

On a serious note I dont think it matters... When i was younger and getting some strange.. they really didnt check much unless they were way into giving head..
            "PSH!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by racrguy View Post
              You apparently have no idea what a valid argument is, so I'll leave it at that.
              and you continue to try and pass off your personal opinion and beliefs as fact, your argument has no legs to stand on

Comment

• Preston was done before we went home from the hospital. It's not that big of a deal. His doctor makes sure all is good each time he goes in for his annual checkup. I would advise getting it done.

Comment

• Originally posted by akfodysvn View Post
                  and you continue to try and pass off your personal opinion and beliefs as fact, your argument has no legs to stand on
                  I have yet to state an opinion for or against, and all of my "beliefs" are facts, because I have outside evidence that proves what I say is true. So my argument is the only one that has legs to stand on, regardless of what you may think.

Comment

• Originally posted by dblack1 View Post

yup... RN.

Comment

Not quite, Muslims have the US beat, by a landslide.
                      A religion has a country beat?
                      "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

• Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                        A religion has a country beat?
                        Yes, as odd as it sounds. 69% of the 30% that are circumcised are muslim, and 13% of the 30% are non-muslim, non-jews living in the US. Jews themselves only making up .8% of the 30%

Comment

Yes, as odd as it sounds. 69% of the 30% that are circumcised are muslim, and 13% of the 30% are non-muslim, non-jews living in the US. Jews themselves only making up .8% of the 30%
                          I can't believe that only 30% of males in the world are circumsized. I'm guessing that has less to do with religious purposes and more to do with circumstances of the births. Born in America? Circumsision is probably pretty damned safe...born in Nigeria?.....probably not so safe.

Comment

I can't believe that only 30% of males in the world are circumsized. I'm guessing that has less to do with religious purposes and more to do with circumstances of the births. Born in America? Circumsision is probably pretty damned safe...born in Nigeria?.....probably not so safe.
                            Most of Europe does not. South America does not.

It is actually quite simple if born in a hospital. Of course, places in which medical facilities are lacking wouldn't see them, but I've got two uncles who were born in rural Northern Quebec who were circumcised at home by a traveling physician.

Comment

Facts are facts, like them or not. See the link I posted earlier for the report from the World Health Organization.

Comment

Facts are facts, like them or not. See the link I posted earlier for the report from the World Health Organization.
                                I didn't say I didn't like the stats...just surprised by them.

Comment

Working...
                                X