No announcement yet.

What are the limitations of Metro PCS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the limitations of Metro PCS?

One of my customers came in today and showed me his EVO that he bought and had flashed to run on Metro PCS' network. He now just pays $40/month for unlimited everything which is much cheaper than im paying on Sprint. Who here has flashed their phone and done this? Or, better yet, what are the limitations or drawbacks to going from Sprint to Metro? Hell his Metro PCS EVO was faster than mine.

Interested in this...........

Comment

Smurfette and I love MetroPCS....
      decent service for a low price... no contract....

Its CDMA, so you probably won't be able to use a GSM (Sim card) phone...
      Unfortunately I don't know much about flashing\unlocking phones...

Comment

More info here:

Comment

only works in the dallas/ft worth metro area, so no good for travelers

Comment

I had q friend who was using a flashed phone and he couldn't receive picture emails. Maybe it was just whatever phone he was using at the time. Besides not working out of dfw, he loves it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted View Post
              I had q friend who was using a flashed phone and he couldn't receive picture emails. Maybe it was just whatever phone he was using at the time. Besides not working out of dfw, he loves it.
              Requires CDMA phone, voice and text only. Certain restrictions apply. See store for details. Long distance only in the continental U.S. Taxes and fees not included.
              Straight from the site.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                Straight from the site.
                I meant picture texts. I have no idea why email came to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted View Post
                  I meant picture texts. I have no idea why email came to mind.
                  There's a difference between text and pic messages. Text-sms or short message service Picture message-mms or multimedia message service

That's why he couldn't send or receive piktars.

Comment

Originally posted by DTM_Motorsports View Post
                    only works in the dallas/ft worth metro area, so no good for travelers
                    Actually not true, when me and my cousin with his iPhone were going to Mexico I had service the whole trip and he didnt, the only thing about metro i don't like is their phones are shit, all the decent ones are almost 300 dollars and that's for like a blackberry curve

Originally posted by DOHCTR
                    You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

I went with Metro after ATT screwed me. For the most part it works fine. If you are at a busy venue like a concert or fair you probably wont' be able to make a call. Texts work, but sometimes you have to resend them. The internet is pretty slow, but its $40 a month with no contract. They have a 4g service I think that is supoosed to be better but I'm happy with my basic service. I travel all over Texas and have had reception all over.

Comment

Originally posted by ARIX View Post
                        I went with Metro after ATT screwed me. For the most part it works fine. If you are at a busy venue like a concert or fair you probably wont' be able to make a call. Texts work, but sometimes you have to resend them. The internet is pretty slow, but its $40 a month with no contract. They have a 4g service I think that is supoosed to be better but I'm happy with my basic service. I travel all over Texas and have had reception all over.
                        FWIW, I'd go w/ Straight Talk that Wally World sells. Depending on the phone, you'll either be on ATT or Verizon service w/ unlimited everything, no contract @ $40 a month.

If you get a phone that works on ATT's towers, you can get any ATT phone, unlock it and use it w/ your Straight Talk sim card.

Comment

Working...
                        X