Home A/C unit went out on Monday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home A/C unit went out on Monday...

And its fixed today! Well hes loading it with freon right now and it seems to be working. I had a 110 a/c unit in the garage and that was cooling my bedroom for the last five days, but we have not been able to cook, watch TV in our living area or entertain company. How in the hell did our greatgreat grand people live without A/C in Texas?!?!?!?!?!
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

My A/C went out last summer and the summer before that. It was MISERABLE!!! I agree, they were alot tougher back then.

Comment

They built houses in such a way that they didn't need A/C, plus they were used to the heat and lived with it, and large porches around the house didn't hurt either.

My great grandmother's house can be opened up at night and it cools down nice. Close up the windows when you get up and it stays comfortable the whole day, then do it again at night.
      G'Day Mate

Comment

And we went to B-9 last night for dinner and A/C and Leah makes us all sit outside on the patio in FUCKING HEAT!
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
          And its fixed today! Well hes loading it with freon right now and it seems to be working. I had a 110 a/c unit in the garage and that was cooling my bedroom for the last five days, but we have not been able to cook, watch TV in our living area or entertain company. How in the hell did our greatgreat grand people live without A/C in Texas?!?!?!?!?!
          Think about the world ending and having to survive in this heat!

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
            Think about the world ending and having to survive in this heat!
            My ass would be living in Fargo ND in summer and back in north Texas in the winter...

Comment

I'd become a tropical people

Comment

Meh, I have always seen it as our ancestors didn't know any better so they just dealt with it.

I was just thinking about this the other day while standing at a corner in the heat. The invention of A/C and Heating may be the greatest invention of all time.

Comment

^^^I will agree with you this one time...

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                    ^^^I will agree with you this one time...
                    We both are die hard Cowboys fans. That's two times.

Comment

I think people just adapt when you don't have any other options. When I was 16 the AC in my car crapped out and I drove that piece for a whole summer in west Texas with no AC, because I didn't want to spend the money. Now days I would have it in the shop within hours of it breaking lol.

Comment

Glad it's back up. If I would of known, I could of had you all come by crib. Could of put the girls to work in kitchen and pamper us while we're in livingroom.

hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Rafa View Post
                          Glad it's back up. If I would of known, I could of had you all come by crib. Could of put the girls to work in kitchen and pamper us while we're in livingroom.
                          I like the way you think ninja!

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                            The invention of A/C and Heating may be the greatest invention of all time.
                            And you can thank Carl von Linde and the Spaten brewery for coming up with it.

Comment

When I was 8 my parents purchased a home without any form of A/C. No window units or anything. We lived with it for 3 summers. It had a large attic fan and you opened the windows. All of the doors were louvered. Wasn't that bad.

Mom says we would brag to people about getting AC after they finally had enough money to install central H/A.

The house ended up needing 3 units.

Comment

Working...
                              X