Stay off of Highway 360 in Arlington this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stay off of Highway 360 in Arlington this weekend

As if you didn't usually want to stay off it anyway.. Just a heads up, they are demolishing the railroad bridge at Division, so the freeway is going to be shut down Friday night until Monday morning. It'll be nice when this thing is finally widened. Looks like once this is done they'll be getting close to eliminating that ridiculous bottleneck that should have been taken care of 15 years ago.

Thanks for the heads up...I would have gone that direction had I not seen this
    كافر

Originally posted by sc281
    Always better to be an Uncle than a Father. All the fun stuff and none of the expensive stuff.
    Originally posted by Trick Pony
    ...from what I've seen on here bcoop knows his shit when it comes to smoking meat.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
      As if you didn't usually want to stay off it anyway.. Just a heads up, they are demolishing the railroad bridge at Division, so the freeway is going to be shut down Friday night until Monday morning. It'll be nice when this thing is finally widened. Looks like once this is done they'll be getting close to eliminating that ridiculous bottleneck that should have been taken care of 15 years ago.
      lol... thats awesome... i got some buddies driving up through there and wont be heading back that way till late that evening for a gtg were having in N FTW......im not saying anything.... Thanks for the heads up and yes, they should have addressed that so long ago.

Comment

I like how once they realized they weren't going to be done by the time the stadium was finished, they've taken their sweet fucking time on this whole deal. You would think the city or txdot would fine the shit out of them each month they're delayed, but it's quite obvious they aren't.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
          I like how once they realized they weren't going to be done by the time the stadium was finished, they've taken their sweet fucking time on this whole deal. You would think the city or txdot would fine the shit out of them each month they're delayed, but it's quite obvious they aren't.
          TxDOT is a fucking pushover. No one stands behind the employees that actually have to enforce shit. We used to hold payments to the contractors to motivate them. The big boss would call my Area Engineer and bitch and moan and he'd release the payment and the contractor would continue to do as they pleased.

There was talk a few years ago about doing away with TxDOT inspectors and just have the company warranty their work for a set number of years instead of TxDOT taking ownership at the close of the job. Not like that would make for better roads or that the contractors would keep their word anyway.
          G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
            lol... thats awesome... i got some buddies driving up through there and wont be heading back that way till late that evening for a gtg were having in N FTW......im not saying anything.... Thanks for the heads up and yes, they should have addressed that so long ago.
            That's fucked up. lol

Thanks for the heads up. That means I'm not going anywhere near Arlington this this weekend...
            Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
            Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
            Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
            You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

they'll be getting close to eliminating that ridiculous bottleneck that should have been taken care of 15 years ago.

It was all psychological- the road never narrowed just the shoulders where taken away. Its funny how people slow down in that situation and cause every one else to check up.

Its happening now up on 183 in Hurst- a small barrier taking away the shoulder and ever one freaks- instant traffic

Comment

I avoid that side of town at all costs. I can't stand the city of Arlington. It's the like the master plan was a couple of drunk guys sitting around and thought, "hey, how much can we shove into one little town?! Hell, I dunno Jeb, lets find out!"

Arlington is a clusterfuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                  I avoid that side of town at all costs. I can't stand the city of Arlington. It's the like the master plan was a couple of drunk guys sitting around and thought, "hey, how much can we shove into one little town?! Hell, I dunno Jeb, lets find out!"

Arlington is a clusterfuck.

Well, it went from 150k people when I moved here in 1985 to somewhere around 350k now. For awhile it was THE fastest growing city in the entire country. Might still be, but I haven't seen the figures in awhile. It is also the largest city in the WORLD without public transit. It's got plenty of problems, but I still like living here. They have done a LOT to fix some of the obvious traffic problems since the new stadium went in, even in areas not directly effected by it. Beats north loop 820!

Comment

Originally posted by Leah
                    Chernobyl beats N. Loop 820.
                    Why the fuck did you change my name to Randy? The shit?!

LOL, quick delete! You're having a very blond day, aren't you?

Comment

Beats north loop 820!
                      Chernobyl beats N. Loop 820.
                      Token Split Tail

You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Why the fuck did you change my name to Randy? The shit?!
                        Dude-I didn't. I just noticed that. It did it on its own, I swear! Weird!
                        Token Split Tail

Comment

Well, it went from 150k people when I moved here in 1985 to somewhere around 350k now. For awhile it was THE fastest growing city in the entire country. Might still be, but I haven't seen the figures in awhile. It is also the largest city in the WORLD without public transit. It's got plenty of problems, but I still like living here. They have done a LOT to fix some of the obvious traffic problems since the new stadium went in, even in areas not directly effected by it. Beats north loop 820!
                          What is it with 820 and turned over big rig trucks? Seems like everytime I turn on the radio there is a another highway closure because of it.

Comment

Oh joy, thanks for the heads up. I'm actually going to visit my FIL tomorrow or Sunday, now I will have to go to back up plan #2...

75 to I-35 to I-20 to SH360 to Mayfield Rd.

Instead of I-75 to 190/161 to 183 to 360 to Mayfield
                            Originally posted by Silverback
                            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                            X