No announcement yet.

What TV provider do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DirecTV is nice but like Kenny said it does have a tendency to go out during HEAVY storms.

I had fios before I moved and I never had a complaint. DirecTV does seem cheaper.
    An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

-Victor Hugo

Comment

Att uverse, its better than time warner, but I get a lot of lockups and blackouts

Comment

I am having trouble with my Dishnetwork DVR. I would say there is a 40% when I change the channel (it seems like HBO most frequently), I get the error the signal was lost. It usually picks it back up in a few minutes, but it is damn irritating.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
          Att uverse, its better than time warner, but I get a lot of lockups and blackouts
          really? I am tired of DirecTV Fing up during a storm and I'm considering Uverse. Plus DSL sucks so that was another reason to switch.

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
            really? I am tired of DirecTV Fing up during a storm and I'm considering Uverse. Plus DSL sucks so that was another reason to switch.
            Yeah, I've been at the same place for 8 months, I've had to have my dvr box replaced once, and now it seems everytime I'm actually watching something I WANT to watch, live, it goes black, pauses, or stops for a minute or two, then skips forward. I also have some wierd sound/motion matchup issue with recorded programs, or anything I pause and start again.

Comment

the provider i use doesn't have me in contract, it has awesome dvr, the HD could be better and they also supply my internet, electricity, water and trash all on the same bill. i love it.

Comment

Originally posted by jlyon View Post
                the provider i use doesn't have me in contract, it has awesome dvr, the HD could be better and they also supply my internet, electricity, water and trash all on the same bill. i love it.
                Whatever that Greenville company is? My dad had that service and loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                  Whatever that Greenville company is? My dad had that service and loved it.
                  GEUS. you say it juice, i just spell it out. Greenville Electric Utility System, i think.

Comment

FIOS with TIVO here.
                    Originally posted by MR EDD
                    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                      so... why not change the default to start recording 5 mins before, and end 5 mins after?
                      Can't for some shows. I have shows and Lyn has shows we'd like to record, but if I set it to record after a show should end, it can't start the next show so it denies it as a scheduling conflict. Thursday or Wed. night has the most shows that record, forget which it is.

Comment

Air Antenna and Netflix\Hulu via Roku box.... Save your cash!!!

Comment

Dish

Comment

Originally posted by Gargamel View Post
                            Air Antenna and Netflix\Hulu via Roku box.... Save your cash!!!
                            I've thought about that. So if you have a Netflix acct. and 2 different devices can stream, can you watch different shows on each device with just one account? Do they offer the downloads in HD? I have not watched regualr TV in years, it has to be HD!

Comment

FIOS or nothing. I have FIOS and DVR. If I ever have any problems, I've always had free antenna TV and I can always go back.

Comment

If your satellite fucks up a lot during storms, you may need a better installation. When done right, it should hardly ever go out. WIth mine, it takes some really serious shit to knock it out, and then it's back pretty quickly.

I have Dish, because it offers the most HD channels and best package to fit my needs. I have HD in 5 rooms and SD in the 6th, with everything except HBO/Cinemax/Showtime, and it was running about $130/month, but I recently got them to drop it to around $100/month. That includes the rental charges I'm paying on extra receivers. The only downside is their customer service. They all sound like they're rom India and they suck balls. I've learned now to immediately ask for the cancellation/retention department, and that has worked wonders.

Oh, and I don't have DVR. Had it back in the day, but never had any use for it. I'm a channel surfer. That may be why my bill isn't higher than it is.

Comment

Working...
                                X