What TV provider do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What TV provider do you use?

I currently have FIOS, the picture is great, the DVR sucks balls! I am not on a contract with them, so I am thinking of switching providers. Who do you use of the 3 I have available, and how much is the lease charge each month for the DVR and regular receivers?

I've had DirecTv here before, so the sat. dish is still on the roof (switched to Verizon about 2 years ago).

Poll coming soon!
    Stay with FIOS
    0%
    DirecTv
    0%
    Dish Network
    0%

We have Uverse and love it.
    G'Day Mate

Comment

AT&T Uverse here. No complaints.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
        We have Uverse and love it.
        Not available here. I also have One Source as an option, but talk about a crappy company and even worse service!

Comment

Out of the three options, the only other one I have had experience with is DirecTV. Never had any issues with them either, other than the occasional heavy thunderstorm messing up the signal.

Comment

Cox communications

Comment

What TV provider do you use?

Off-the-air

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny_Stang View Post
                Out of the three options, the only other one I have had experience with is DirecTV. Never had any issues with them either, other than the occasional heavy thunderstorm messing up the signal.
                Yeah, I had DirecTv for probably 12 or 13 years before, very rare when the picture went out.

I have the FIOS triple Play bundle, and with 2 regular receivers and one DVR (all HD), FIOS Internet (which will stay no matter what TV I get) and home phone, I pay $179 a month. I have no movie channels but could get them for another $20 per month. But hell, that'd be $200 each month! Just seems high for fricken TV and internet and a phone I don't use a lot, but do sorta need (for faxes for Lyn's work). She could do without it tho.

Comment

Crap-I voted DirectTV and I meant Dish network. We've had them for about 5 years now and LOVE their DVR. We've changed a couple of time (once to Uverse, once to cable, etc) and always come back to Dish because their DVR is the best around. Plus we never get on lock up for recording shows.

Best deal we could find and the best service. No issues whatsoever.
                  Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
                  Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
                  Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
                  You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

What do you not like about your fios dvr ?
                    Vortex rear stand $75
                    8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                    My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                    but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                    11 4 door
                    13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

So do you want to know who I use or who I would recommend for you to use?
                      An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

-Victor Hugo

Comment

Originally posted by Txstang1 View Post
                        What do you not like about your fios dvr ?
                        It always cuts the end of shows off. I have never, NEVER seen a TV show that runs from 9:01 to 9:31 (several shows seem to start at odd times). If I have a show that starts at 9 and another starts at 9:30, it shows a conflict and skips the second show, etc.

Originally posted by 0 GT 2 View Post
                        So do you want to know who I use or who I would recommend for you to use?
                        Both!!! (well, if you currently use one listed!)

Comment

It was probably just my comfort level but Direct's DVR seemed easier to use. I have Dish now though and with the Logitech Revue it's really easy to find what you want to watch and set it to record. More capacity on Dish and they don't charge you to add an external HD for even more room, Direct wanted $40.

Between the Google TV (which you can add to anything) and integrated Sling it was a no brainer for me to switch to Dish. They also have MAVTV and G4, Direct doesn't.

Comment

Yeah BP, I did like Direct's DVR, it seemed to work much better than Verizon's does.

Comment

so... why not change the default to start recording 5 mins before, and end 5 mins after?
                              Originally posted by BradM
                              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                              Originally posted by Leah
                              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Working...
                              X