Dallas officer arrested on charges of domestic violence, endangering child

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dallas officer arrested on charges of domestic violence, endangering child

A Dallas police officer was arrested on domestic violence charges Wednesday, accused of striking his girlfriend as she held their baby.

Officer Victor Esparza, 26, was taken into custody on charges of family violence assault, a misdemeanor, and family violence endangering a child, a felony.

Detectives made the arrest based on an incident that occurred Monday at an apartment in the 4300 block of Wyoming Street, near Cockrell Hill Road.

The domestic dispute began with a verbal argument in the parking lot of the apartment complex, according to a police report.

The 27-year-old woman told police that during the argument Esparza took their baby and put him in his vehicle to leave. As she reached in to remove the baby, she said, Esparza repeatedly closed the passenger side door on her leg, causing bruises.

After removing the child and his car seat from the vehicle, she said, she walked toward an apartment and was struck on the back of the head. She said Esparza then grabbed both her arms and forced her down onto a concrete step. She told police that she fell in such a way to avoid injuring the baby.

The department’s internal affairs division will investigate.

Esparza, an officer in the southwest patrol division in Oak Cliff who has been with the department since April 2009, will be on administrative leave until the investigations are completed.
    The hits just keep on hitting.

Stevo
    Originally posted by SSMAN
    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Temper probably just got the best of him. Don't know the details, but coming between me and my kids is not something I'd recommend for anyone, their mother included. Then again, she's a smart cookie and knows better than that. Besides, she doesn't really have a hateful bone in her body, thank goodness.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
      http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime...ring-child.ece

The hits just keep on hitting.

Stevo
      And yet the powers that be keep letting it happen instead of trying to clean shit up.
      G'Day Mate

Comment

Why do all apartment domestic disputes end up in the parking lot?
        De Oppresso Liber.

Comment

Originally posted by 95ragtop View Post
          Why do all apartment domestic disputes end up in the parking lot?
          You can't get a good follow through with your swing in a tiny ass apartment.
          G'Day Mate

Comment

I don't know if this is a dumb question or not, but, can he lose his job over this?

Comment

After removing the child and his car seat from the vehicle, she said, she walked toward an apartment and was struck on the back of the head.

Case will get thrown out, she didn't actually see him hit her, could've been a a fed up neighbor throwing a rock at the bitch for making a scene LOL

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                I don't know if this is a dumb question or not, but, can he lose his job over this?
                He should and probably will. However it is Dallas so wait and see lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                  And yet the powers that be keep letting it happen instead of trying to clean shit up.
                  It's not like they have a crystal ball and know when the next guy is gonna flip the fuck out. LOL Dallas is a huge department and is bound to have shit happen alot just like FT. Worth. As long as they take care of business and fire their asses it should be a non issue. We have had our fair share over the years and it is about 50/50 on that stuff being handled properly. Not because the powers that be are not trying to take care of business but because there is so many hoops they have to jump thru to fire people. Don't get me wrong I am sure some cases could be pushed a little harder but hey no different then any other job people play favorites.

If you get convicted of FV you cannot carry a gun, so no more police.
                  Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                    It's not like they have a crystal ball and know when the next guy is gonna flip the fuck out. LOL Dallas is a huge department and is bound to have shit happen alot just like FT. Worth. As long as they take care of business and fire their asses it should be a non issue. We have had our fair share over the years and it is about 50/50 on that stuff being handled properly. Not because the powers that be are not trying to take care of business but because there is so many hoops they have to jump thru to fire people. Don't get me wrong I am sure some cases could be pushed a little harder but hey no different then any other job people play favorites.

If you get convicted of FV you cannot carry a gun, so no more police.
                    What department do you work for again?

Comment

Lancaster
                      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
                      X