No announcement yet.

Best Auto Technician Schools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My older brother considered this route but decided to start at VW due to the cost of the school. After 7 years he was the head mechanic making decent money. Him and his coworkers agree most of those schools are a waste of money. You'll be starting at the bottom whichever route you go.
    De Oppresso Liber.

Comment

If you're looking to stick with Ford, there's always the ASSET program at Brookhaven. The better idea would be to learn luxury brands though, and try to get on at Sewell or somewhere nice like that. Some of the independent shops that work on specific Euro brands make bank, so you might look at owning one as a long term goal.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
        Welcome to DFWMustangs.net

Rule #1: Do NOT under any circumstances introduce yourself. We simply don't care.... Too late

Rule #2: Do NOT under any circumstances look Steve directly in the eyes. Home dwellers of this nature only feel threatened when confronted.

Rule #3: No fighting (unless you intend to win via armbar) Please note this rule does not apply to anyone in the "IN" crowd

Rule #4: You are not to ask, for any reason, who is in the "IN" crowd. If you do, you will be shit out.

Rule #5: If you don't drive a convertible GT we really don't give a fuck.

Rule #6: Post tits or GTFO

<-- Not part of the "IN" crowd!

Hope this helps.

Sound advice Mike. This should be a sticky!

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
          Take the night courses. I had a teacher that has been a tech for over 30 years and does this as a extra Job, you learn the most that way. My other teacher worked for yamaha racing, Mercedes and was a master motorsports tech for BMW for 12 years. He knew his shit.
          They have night classes at TCC south campus for this? I have a buddy interested in getting his associates,but he works 7a-4p....I didn't think they had night courses for some reason....I will let him know
          Big Rooster Racing
          85' Coupe
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by carbd89sleeper View Post
            They have night classes at TCC south campus for this? I have a buddy interested in getting his associates,but he works 7a-4p....I didn't think they had night courses for some reason....I will let him know
            6-10 Mon - thurs on the auto classes.

The core classes may give some troubles, most of mine were 4 - 5:45

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

My little bro went to UTI in houston. When he was done, shops would let him work there but with no pay, until he could prove out. Expensive waste, and I wound up with most of the tools that were bought so he could attend.

Not recommended.
              sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
              17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
              13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
              86 SVO - Sold
              '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
              01 TJ - new toy - Sold
              65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

tech schools are a business that feed off of the government's tit, they don't care what you learn, just as long as they get a check. Much like most higher learning institutions.
                pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Working...
                X