Best Auto Technician Schools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Auto Technician Schools

What school would be the best to become a master mechanic?
    03' Cobra - White on White

MUSTANG DIAGRAMS
    http://diagrams.hissind.com/?page_id=62

Now you must post tits.

Comment

i was talking about a horse... that is what this sites about right? tit and nips right on

MUSTANG DIAGRAMS

Comment

wrong post for that one but tits it is

MUSTANG DIAGRAMS

Comment

This thread is worthless.

Comment

Just looking for advise for going to school man. Furthering your education is never worthless. Go back to bed and try not to wake up on the floor.

I know theres ATI, UTI, Lincoln Tech????

MUSTANG DIAGRAMS

Comment

Forget the trade schools, go to a community college. It's cheaper, you get real credits that can be used towards an actual degree and you'll probably learn more. It will take longer though.

Comment

Food for thought, thanks....

MUSTANG DIAGRAMS

Comment

Originally posted by hissin View Post
                  Food for thought, thanks....
                  Now post tits or GTFO.

Comment

Originally posted by hissin View Post
                    Just looking for advise for going to school man. Furthering your education is never worthless. Go back to bed and try not to wake up on the floor.

I know theres ATI, UTI, Lincoln Tech????
                    I wish I could go back to bed. Now post some tits or GTFO!!

Comment

Welcome to DFWMustangs.net

Rule #1: Do NOT under any circumstances introduce yourself. We simply don't care.... Too late

Rule #2: Do NOT under any circumstances look Steve directly in the eyes. Home dwellers of this nature only feel threatened when confronted.

Rule #3: No fighting (unless you intend to win via armbar) Please note this rule does not apply to anyone in the "IN" crowd

Rule #4: You are not to ask, for any reason, who is in the "IN" crowd. If you do, you will be shit out.

Rule #5: If you don't drive a convertible GT we really don't give a fuck.

Rule #6: Post tits or GTFO

<-- Not part of the "IN" crowd!

Hope this helps.

Comment

Do NOT go to ANY "Technical" school. They are completely fucking worthless. Ask anyone who has already been to one. 20k for a cert that will get you an "Entry level" job at a shop. You can get an entry level job at any shop with out dropping 20k on some non accredited "school."

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                          Forget the trade schools, go to a community college. It's cheaper, you get real credits that can be used towards an actual degree and you'll probably learn more. It will take longer though.
                          Tarrant county college. South campus.

I went there and did the auto program, they have a deal where you take the auto classes and basics and walk out with an associates degree that Is transferable to most major university's.

Take the night courses. I had a teacher that has been a tech for over 30 years and does this as a extra Job, you learn the most that way. My other teacher worked for yamaha racing, Mercedes and was a master motorsports tech for BMW for 12 years. He knew his shit.

Avoid Lincoln tech at all costs, they pass everyone that goes through the course no matter how smart or dumb, they have a bad reputation and most places will not hire you if they find out you worked there.

UTI is great, but 40k for 18 months of training and no degree? Lol come on..

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                            Do NOT go to ANY "Technical" school. They are completely fucking worthless. Ask anyone who has already been to one. 20k for a cert that will get you an "Entry level" job at a shop. You can get an entry level job at any shop with out dropping 20k on some non accredited "school."
                            Lincoln Tech is actually accreddited in several states now, Texas isn't one of them though. They don't push their degree program until after you've graduated a technical school, and it's another $15k!

And yeah, I spent $15k or so, graduated with honors, had ASE master tech status and was changing oil at Vandergriff Chevrolet when the student loans came due. Eventually I went to a few GM tech schools and after a couple of years experience I was a capable tech. Honestly I probably learned more from working on race cars than in technical school.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                              Agree, entry level job and learn by doing.

Comment

Working...
                              X