Wrecked but Repaired Car Value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrecked but Repaired Car Value

What would you guys pay for a car that is still in good condition but has been in a wreck?

I am trying to dispute my diminished car value with Allstate and theya re pissing me off.

I spoke to a guy quite a while back and he mentioned it was a negotiation and anything around 5k would need to have documented proof. So I am thinking and also did my research from dealerships, mechanic, KBB and Nada that 3k would be reasonable.

He offered me 2,200 during our call and would document it in the log of my claim. I didn't do any research at that time so I didn't accept.

Well I just called back with my "research" and this lady is telling me there are no comments in the ticket and all she sees is the comment from the very first person I spoke with for $1,700. I told her thats not right and explained the story above to her and she said I am not getting 3k and can do 2k as the best.

I am not going to settle for 2k but wanted your guys opinion if 3k is too much? I have had 2 dealerships and mechanic tell me my car would fall under the two bottom tiers (poor or whatever the second quality is) shape the car is in when comparing to KBB and NADA. That difference is right around 3k...

This is probably all over the place but I get fucking pissed when I am communicated two separate things and have no leg to stand on when I was told something very fucking specific...
    Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
    Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

I went to several dealerships and had them book left and retail with a clean autocheck and with a bad autocheck, then I submitted those figures to state farm and started negotiations from there.

Comment

Originally posted by ComeAgainJen View Post
      I went to several dealerships and had them book left and retail with a clean autocheck and with a bad autocheck, then I submitted those figures to state farm and started negotiations from there.
      That is pretty much what I did.... I am going to call again in a minute and get someone else.
      Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
        That is pretty much what I did.... I am going to call again in a minute and get someone else.
        What was the average difference in your figures?

Comment

What was the average difference in your figures?
          $2,600. Still more than 2,000. They fucked my car up, front and back. half the front and rear end was repaired and replaced. It was right around $5,000 in parts and another 3-4 in labor....

She was trying to tell me it is right around retail if the repairs are done properly. fuck that and her.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
            $2,600. Still more than 2,000. They fucked my car up, front and back. half the front and rear end was repaired and replaced. It was right around $5,000 in parts and another 3-4 in labor....

She was trying to tell me it is right around retail if the repairs are done properly. fuck that and her.
            They're going to tell you that, but in the car business, it's bullshit. That's why autocheck and carfax have a market. I'd personally be happy in the neighborhood of $2,200-2,500.

Comment

Also, diminished value is hard to win, so the fact that they're offering $2,000 is a win, in and of itself.

Comment

They're going to tell you that, but in the car business, it's bullshit. That's why autocheck and carfax have a market. I'd personally be happy in the neighborhood of $2,200-2,500.
                I called back and got $2,500. I could have gotten 3,000 I think but I was done arguing. The other lady also told me carfax wasn't accurate and shouldn't be used.

Comment

did the civic get hit again mike?

Comment

Originally posted by dangerous_sep View Post
                    did the civic get hit again mike?
                    No. This was an accident that happened last year.

Comment

sounds like you got it settled $2500 aint all that bad

Comment

Find replacement cars online, and compare those values.

I had a mustang totalled when I was in highschool, and it was only a year or so old, insurance tried to give book value, eventually I found 3-4 identical cars to what I had, and rather than write me a check for it's value, they offered to purchase one of them. I assume they got a better deal. All I wanted was my car back. I got an identical 1000 miles less car, and all was right by me.

Comment

Working...
                        X