Lewisville: Need a good traffic attorney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by quikag View Post
    Don't recall saying $6k, but it's a few grand spread over about 10 different cities in TX over the past 18 years. Either way, yes the judge has discretion, that was what I was asking for...the judge decided not to be lenient on me which is why I am considering fighting the ticket to try to get probation. I wanted easy probation and now I may have to pay some money to try to get hard probation to keep it off my record. I am now in the process of figuring out whether that is worth it or not by talking to a few attorneys and my insurance co.
    That sounds like a reasonable response. Your thread came across to me as though you went in expecting the judge to just give you probation and seemed mad at him for making a judgement call you didn't like.

Originally posted by quikag View Post
    That is a pure stereotype. To imply that because I have a certain car I automatically don't have driving ability is ridiculous. By the same token of me being an unknown to you, you shouldn't presume I can't drive within the limit just as you shouldn't presume I was overdriving my limit. It's that simple. If you don't know, don't make assumptions either way.
    I didn't say you could or couldn't drive, I just made the point that because a vette handles better then a Yugo you can't assume it's safer - it comes down to driver. Because I don't know you or your driving skill I would have to go with the stereotype. Most people think they are good drivers, you might actually be, it was just a point.

Originally posted by quikag View Post
    Many people in this thread made the wrong assumptions and I made the mistake of sharing more information that I should have about the car and my driving experience to correct those wrong assumptions. That information then created new assumptions and it all turned into a crap fest. It was a mistake on my part for sharing it in the first place. My bad.
    I think it was how you came across sharing that information that lead the thread astray, but this being DFWM doesn't help.
    DamonH

Comment

• Is this thread worth reading?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
        Is this thread worth reading?
        Nope. Pretty blah actually.

Comment

• Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
          Nope. Pretty blah actually.
          Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by grove rat View Post

i could care less what he was driving. he was speeding, got caught and now thinks he shouldn't have to deal with the consequences
            He is dealing with it, just not the way you think he should. If he wants to throw down the coin to fight the charges, he has every right to do so. You are wasting your breath trying to convince him or anyone else to do otherwise.

Comment

• Originally posted by quikag View Post
              Don't recall saying $6k, but it's a few grand spread over about 10 different cities in TX over the past 18 years. Either way, yes the judge has discretion, that was what I was asking for...the judge decided not to be lenient on me which is why I am considering fighting the ticket to try to get probation. I wanted easy probation and now I may have to pay some money to try to get hard probation to keep it off my record. I am now in the process of figuring out whether that is worth it or not by talking to a few attorneys and my insurance co.

That is a pure stereotype. To imply that because I have a certain car I automatically don't have driving ability is ridiculous. By the same token of me being an unknown to you, you shouldn't presume I can't drive within the limit just as you shouldn't presume I was overdriving my limit. It's that simple. If you don't know, don't make assumptions either way.

Many people in this thread made the wrong assumptions and I made the mistake of sharing more information that I should have about the car and my driving experience to correct those wrong assumptions. That information then created new assumptions and it all turned into a crap fest. It was a mistake on my part for sharing it in the first place. My bad.

Bunch of hypocrital, broke dick haters on this board. If I had the coin to contest every ticket I got, which are fee and far between, I definitely would. Exercise your legal rights while you still can, imo.

Comment

• Considered a therapist to help your wife control her anxiety?
                De Oppresso Liber.

Comment

• I dont know what we're yelling about!
                  Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

Working...
                  X