Who's Who in whatever books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's Who in whatever books

LOL, man people still get scammed by these? I am cracking up that they are even poking fun at it in King of The Hill. I remember in HS, a well meaning teacher I had nominated me for "Who's Who among American HS Students" and "Outstanding HS Students of America". Of course at the time I was pretty gullible and it seemed like a real honor. Eventually my Mom and I caught on and realized that it was just a scam to get you to buy the book. Aside from the ones actually published in the book that were solicited for the offer, who else would buy/need one? I did get my hands on a copy that someone else had and saw what a farce it really was. Apparently there are various forms of this crap across all kinds of industry. I've seen it for real estate agents and other stuff.

Genius idea by he who came up with the idea and capitalized on it

Comment

never heard of it.

Comment

Yeah, that "Who's Who" shit is a joke. I've actually seen that shit listed on resumes.
        Originally posted by davbrucas
        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

I have to wonder if at some time it held any real value? One site I found claims they have been around 76 years. http://www.whoswhoamongstudents.com/

There are legitimate reference materials using "Who's Who" in the name, but they don't make you pay them to see your own name in print. I was reading about one that is apparently used like Linked-In.

Comment

Working...
          X