diesel truck suggestion needed for hot-shot running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
    And trust me, they will find a ticket to write you regardless of how well you think your shit is together. Every time one of our big trucks gets pulled over they find some kind of new BS to write it up for. They have even busted our 1-ton service trucks for being over weight. Even though its a pickup you might need a class A CDL, I think it depends on what the truck/trailer combo is rated at. I think our gooseneck is rated at 30k.
    That ain't no lie, I heard a war story about a driver thinking he was good to go, then got a citation for not having enough wiper fluid! All to make revenue

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
      I've got a great running 03 dually with a bulletproof billet automatic transmission for sale

best fuel mileage of any of the Cummins
      How many miles? Price?

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
        What tranny is it?
        probably the same as ours (4-sp auto) with some ridiculously expensive billet parts. built transmissions are expensive!

Comment

Originally posted by STANGGT40 View Post
          probably the same as ours (4-sp auto) with some ridiculously expensive billet parts. built transmissions are expensive!
          Yea, I was just wondering what brand and what kind of shit it has. ATS sells about seven different versions of our tranny.
          Originally posted by racrguy
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
            Yea, I was just wondering what brand and what kind of shit it has. ATS sells about seven different versions of our tranny.
            ah, i see what you're saying...when i talked to someone about doing a billet trans, it was someone that forrest suggested, but i can't remember his name. i don't remember if he said which parts he was using, but it was damn sure expensive. i think the full billet trans for a 4wd was somewhere around $7-$8k!

Comment

ah, i see what you're saying...when i talked to someone about doing a billet trans, it was someone that forrest suggested, but i can't remember his name. i don't remember if he said which parts he was using, but it was damn sure expensive. i think the full billet trans for a 4wd was somewhere around $7-$8k!
              Goerend is the man when it comes to transmissions...but you are right $7k+ for a full billet. Billet input and midshaft is $5k or so. They can take a beating but people can still break them.

Comment

The full billet shit from ATS is about $6K I believe, but it comes with a 500K warranty. I am not sure how good their stuff is.
                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by JP135 View Post
                  Or a K100 Aerodyne:
                  One day I'll have one of these and a Pete 352 and 379 to round out my collection.
                  G'Day Mate

Comment

Working...
                  X