Craigslist Scammer Email

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craigslist Scammer Email

I am not one to typically do this but they seem to be surfacing by the masses lately and it getting quite annoying.

Me: How much for the GSXR?

Scammer: Hello,

Sorry for this late reply, the bike is still for sale. My name is Deborah Chard and I am the legal owner of this 2008 Suzuki GSX-R 600. I would like to tell you that the bike is in perfect condition, never wrecked, clean and clear title. It has only 2,200 miles and is in excellent running condition. I have all the documents and service records. I have decided to sell it for $2000 and the buyer will receive it along with all papers and receipts that he needs to register it. If you buy it then you don't have to worry about the paperwork. Also you will have 5 days to inspect and test after you receive it.

I am in possession of this bike from my father who unfortunately can't enjoy it anymore as he died. I moved back where I was born in Provo,UT and now it will be shipped from here. Please get back to me only if you want to buy it and also of you need to see more photos.

Thank you,
    Deborha

Me: Wow, really? I am actually going to be in Provo next weekend. I would like to look at it then if possible.

Scammer: The price is firm $2000 even you come to pick it up even you want it shipped. The bike is located in Provo,Utah as I told in my first email but my brother-in-law will use his discount to help me with shipping. He own a business wit...h sewing machines and he is using the shipping company from 3 years. We will use Google Checkout for this transaction so both of us will be protected and insured by them. If you are not aware of this program, you should know that it will allow you to test drive and inspect the bike before paying me. I just need your full name and address so I can open a case .(with no further obligation or fees). I think is more then fair that you pay $2000 as shipping is my responsibility.

The inspection period will be set to 5 days and I think is enough for you to make a decision about the bike. I also want to inform you that I am entertaining another 2 offers for it at this moment so please let me know your decision as soon as possible to know what to do. One of them is waiting for a loan and will get in touch with me tomorrow if he can buy it or not and the other one have only $1800 to buy it.

Thank you,
    Deborah

Me: I can send a cashiers cheque for $2500 USD and will have my representative arrange for shipment. However, in lieu of discounted shipping from your brother I would be interested in applying that discount towards an alteration of Italian leather pants that were handed down to me.

TIA
    Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
    Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

leather pants FTW!!
    .....bro....

Comment

Awesome!
      Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

Sewing machines. Good thinking nigerian!

Comment

At least their grammar appears to be improving.

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor View Post
            At least their grammar appears to be improving.
            Spelling hasn't - at least not with "her" name being spelled 2 different ways in the same e-mail.

Leather pants are win.

Comment

Let's not forget about the unnecessary extra details. That's another red flag.

Comment

are you trying to flip bikes?

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                  are you trying to flip bikes?
                  Not trying, but am.. lol
                  Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                  Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

I've got some stuff listed and get the email saying they are interested, I say ok, then I get a long story about them being in the military and requesting shipment through EMS although it is for his daughter in the US, then the offer of over payment and so on.

Comment

Working...
                    X