No announcement yet.

Are some jet skis not allowed on lakes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are some jet skis not allowed on lakes?

My buddy just got a pair of jet skis he is fixing up and someone was telling him some models were not allowed on lakes. Something about carb vs fuel injected? Anyone heard anything like this?

BTW, is insurance mandatory on jet skis?

Originally posted by Frank View Post
    My buddy just got a pair of jet skis he is fixing up and someone was telling him some models were not allowed on lakes. Something about carb vs fuel injected? Anyone heard anything like this?

BTW, is insurance mandatory on jet skis?
    If it's anything like street bike/dirt bike laws, I can't see emissions preventing any personal watercraft from being run.

In the same vein, I don't think that there are insurance restrictions, but I have no factual information to base that on. Perhaps Kyle or 'Risa can chime in.

Comment

You can run anything on the lakes

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
        If it's anything like street bike/dirt bike laws, I can't see emissions preventing any personal watercraft from being run.

In the same vein, I don't think that there are insurance restrictions, but I have no factual information to base that on. Perhaps Kyle or 'Risa can chime in.
        So what you're saying is, you have no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
          Hey, I just wanted to post about random stuff, but I don't know the answer to the question. I'm just sayinig.

Comment

Carb vs FI doesn't matter. Most lakes ban jet skis on the busy holidays like July 4th, Memorial day, etc.. That's probably what he was referring to.

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
              Originally posted by 90GT50 View Post
              Hey, I just wanted to post about random stuff, but I don't know the answer to the question. I'm just sayinig.
              Pretty much. Going on personal experience he's okay on both counts, but I'm smart enough to put the disclaimer. Unlike Jfurst, who very well may be right, but has no legal basis for his claim.

+1 for all involved.

Comment

I thought some lake were sail only?
                "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Don't think you'd want to take one out on a "no wake lake", but I doubt they are banned. Maybe call TP&W and ask? Send them an email?

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                    Not that I know of in North Texas, but I could very well be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                      Not that I know of in North Texas, but I could very well be wrong.
                      Keep them coming!
                      Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                      Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
                        Keep them coming!
                        +1

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                          White Rock lake is.

Comment

and i thought I read/heard one time that insurance was mandatory just like on a vehicle.
                            sigpic

Comment

Insurance isn't required by state law in Texas yet for water craft. It'd be a good idea though, I don't think it's too expensive and accidents are fairly common on the water.

Comment

Working...
                              X