Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you still shoot fireworks at Southern Junction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you still shoot fireworks at Southern Junction?

Do they still let people go nuts shooting fireworks are Southern Junction?

There is a place off US 80 pass lawson rd. that you can. The chick at one of the stands told me they will charge $10 a car load to get on there property to shoot them off.

Or you can head to Hunt or Rockwall County where there is no burn ban.

Comment

Since the SOL has run out, i accidentley started a huge fire by setting off fireworks. I don't really mess with them now since that incident got me a bit paranoid and educated about fire.
      How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
        Since the SOL has run out, i accidentley started a huge fire by setting off fireworks. I don't really mess with them now since that incident got me a bit paranoid and educated about fire.
        You set shit on fire?

Comment

A bar plus fireworks sounds like an awesome idea.

Comment

Southern Junction used to have a big field next to it and the parking lot itself where people would go nuts. Lots of stands around too. I believe the FD has a truck present in case anything were to get out of hand. We went a couple of times a few years ago and it was crazy. I never seen so many fireworks going off in one place before.

Comment

I used to pop fireworks off at the southern junction back in the mid 80s

Comment

Fire spreads like "wildfire," especially in the dry months like July. Sad thing is that my uncle has a place out on lake Weatherford, and it's still illegal to shoot fireworks over the lake.

I guess I get it though, all it takes is one misplaced firework falling over, and then you've torched three houses before the firemen get there.

Comment

Originally posted by JFurst View Post
                  You set shit on fire?
                  Statute of limitations...
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                    Fire spreads like "wildfire," especially in the dry months like July. Sad thing is that my uncle has a place out on lake Weatherford, and it's still illegal to shoot fireworks over the lake.

I guess I get it though, all it takes is one misplaced firework falling over, and then you've torched three houses before the firemen get there.
                    Luckily, the one i set was in a subdivision under development they were working on clearing land for (423 & Lebanon area), so i really only helped them. Still, flames were rising above 50'+ trees. Scared me shitless though. I've had a paranoia for fire since, making sure i stomp out cigarettes every time i throw one down.
                    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Luckily, the one i set was in a subdivision under development they were working on clearing land for (423 & Lebanon area), so i really only helped them. Still, flames were rising above 50'+ trees. Scared me shitless though. I've had a paranoia for fire since, making sure i stomp out cigarettes every time i throw one down.
                      You smoke? You know that shit will kill right?

Comment

"holy shit I did this"

i hope you don't throw cigs down...stomp...and leave them there.

Comment

I just drive around and shoot them out of my car on the freeway

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
                            I just drive around and shoot them out of my car on the freeway
                            Liar you hitchhike

Comment

Working...
                            X