Want to avoid raising spoiled kids?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
    What u want? Weed, meth, ice, crack, powder, X??
    just bake it all in a cake!
    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
      Wonder how many people are just living their lives hoping their parents pass away so they "get everything?"
      Ironically, those are the exact types that this thread is about. Those type of people pass on that mentality to their children though, so anyone with children like that would be better off setting up a specified trust for their kids, and donating the rest to the charities of their choice, than skipping a generation.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
        What u want? Weed, meth, ice, crack, powder, X??
        What about wet? LOL
        Originally posted by Vertnut
        I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

Wife has some friends that are loaded. One of them's grandfather started Humble Oil and made his fortune. He is a trust fund baby and spends like there is no tomorrow, as do his parents. It is projected that they will be broke in the next 5 - 10 years. Another friend's father is a self made millionaire who own's an oil company. They buy everything on sale, and used if they can. Save every penny. Hell he came to our house for dinner one time and found out that the Kroger near us was having a sale on coke's so he stocked up on the way home.

I'd like to think that if a shit ton of cash landed in my lap I'd spend/invest wisely.
          G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
            just bake it all in a cake!
            Brownies coming your way!!!!!!!!

Comment

My grandparents skipped my dad in their will (he passed away after the will was made) and watching my aunts and uncle bicker and argue made me think they should have skipped them too.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I've seen wealthy people have looser kids and I've seen them have super star kids. Some are raised in the same home and turn out completely different. The kids either have the ability and desire to take care and increase the wealth or blow everything that comes their way. Just because someone is born and raised in a weath environment does not mean they will waste what they receive.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                  My grandparents skipped my dad in their will (he passed away after the will was made) and watching my aunts and uncle bicker and argue made me think they should have skipped them too.
                  This is what scares me when my grandparents pass away, which hopefully won't be for a VERY long time.

Most of my family could care less about money, we all make our own and don't ever ask for a dime from anyone. I don't see that changing, with the exception of my mom. My mom is the black sheep in that regard and has the potential to tear the whole family apart with her selfishness.

I hope my grandparents take my advice and put her shit in an irrevocable trust and give her the finger along with a meager monthly check...but alas, I do not see that happening. She has gotten her way her entire life, regardless of the strain it puts on the family.

Originally posted by Cobra86 View Post
                  I've seen wealthy people have looser kids and I've seen them have super star kids. Some are raised in the same home and turn out completely different. The kids either have the ability and desire to take care and increase the wealth or blow everything that comes their way. Just because someone is born and raised in a weath environment does not mean they will waste what they receive.
                  My uncle and mother are the perfect case study. Both raised as Catholic children in catholic school up until high school. One went on to A&M, got his masters, and is doing very well for himself. The other (Mom) is a total fuck up.

Sorry for the rant, y'all. Kinda get wound up about this bullshit.
                  Last edited by sc281; 07-05-2011, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Of course, generation skipping might have something to do with the gigantic tax incentive.
                    Originally posted by davbrucas
                    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Working...
                    X