Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do dealerships calculate trade-in value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Up0n0ne View Post
    Don't do it! What year & model?
    2008. It has been in an accident - hood and trunk replaced etc. I am not getting THAT bad of a deal for it and I hate selling shit on Craigslist let alone a car that has been wrecked. I simply don't want to deal with it. The ins is paying diminished value so I am getting right what I should out of it when it is all said and done.

Unless someone wants to bring me $11,500 cash before 5 PM thats where it is going.
    Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
    Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
      2008. It has been in an accident - hood and trunk replaced etc. I am not getting THAT bad of a deal for it and I hate selling shit on Craigslist let alone a car that has been wrecked. I simply don't want to deal with it. The ins is paying diminished value so I am getting right what I should out of it when it is all said and done.

Unless someone wants to bring me $11,500 cash before 5 PM thats where it is going.
      Used hondas are bringing good money right now.

My wife just traded in her 2010 honda on a 2011. It lost $4,200 and she had over 30k miles on it.

Her friend traded a 08 lxp accord in on a 11 model this weekend and they gave her $15k for it with 45k miles. The dealer she traded to had 2 new accords left on the lot. I thing the dealer my wife traded to had around 5. They had a board up of car sales over the last three weeks and only 3 out of over 20 were new hondas. Looked like a used car dealer.

Comment

Mine has been in a front and rear collision, had paint/body work and have 80,000 miles on it. I don't want to mess with CL or private sale for an extra 1k. Like I said also, the guy who hit me ins is paying diminished car value so I am pretty much getting what I am supposed to.
        Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
        Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Yeah, I've done private sale consistently - but man it can be a hassle. I've never had any real problems with buyers, but getting interest at a fair price can be tough sometimes. Even letting cars go lower then I wanted, was still way better then trade-in though.

I've even tried to get trade-ins higher by negotiating myself to death and usually it's just switching numbers around on me and I get pissed. It sure is convenient to do trade-in though.
          Originally posted by MR EDD
          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Kelly Blue Book and Edmunds do not get their pricing data from auctions. They were forced to admit that a while back. Only the Black Book uses actual auction data.

Helping dealers, auto finance, lenders, OEMs, & more reduce risk and increase profit since 1955 with precise automotive data and analytics.

My suggestion it to take your car to Classic Chevy. Ask them for an appraisal. They'll give you the black book value. They were straight up with me when as them to do this for my wife's old HHR..

Comment

Working...
            X