Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What am I doing wrong? (version ice cream is still liquid)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What am I doing wrong? (version ice cream is still liquid)

Ok, I'm trying to make home made ice cream with an automatic machine in the s yard right now. I assembled everything properly, prepared the ingredients properly, and put it in the canister. I put ice and rock salt in the bucket, added some water and turned it on. Well it's been 30 mins and I've still got liquid inside my canister. How long does this process take?

Doing ice cream outside in 100 degree weather, brilliant idea.

Comment

I thought it took hours.
      Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
      Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
      Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
      You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

ha!

Comment

my assistant says it is only 90 degrees out here

Comment

Lots of ice and rock salt. Takes about an hour or so if you have the mix right...

Comment

I googled it and it said 30 - 45 minutes. But I don't know if that takes heat into consideration.

Comment

We're making some tomorrow. For best results, put the entire mixture into the refrigerator to chill for several hours before you actually make the ice cream. Your ice cream will freeze very quickly then.

Use layers of ice and rock salt all the way up. Keep adding as needed but never let the water level rise above the drain hole. You don't want the salt water in the ice cream. No need to add water. The salt & ice will make colder water than what you will add.

It's no problem to make ice cream outdoors in 100* temps, just follow the above steps along with your recipe and it'll come out good.

Comment

You don't need to put water in the ice/salt.

Comment

Working...
                  X