Austin F1 Circuit To Host Australian V8 Supercars From 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Austin F1 Circuit To Host Australian V8 Supercars From 2013

Official press release: http://assets.circuitoftheamericas.c...ase_063011.pdf

Austin F1 Circuit To Host Australian V8 Supercars From 2013

The Circuit of the Americas track being built in Austin has already landed a deal with MotoGP and Formula 1, and now it adds a five-year contract with Australian V8 Supercars to the mix. We cannot wait.

If you're not familiar with Australia's version of road course stock car racing, you should be--one of the series' top drivers regularly races the roundy-round stuff here in America: Marcos Ambrose. But beside that factoid, it's simply awesome.

The formula is simple: take a domestic (Aussie) sedan, fit a 5.0-liter race-prepped V-8 good for about 650 horsepower under the hood, send the power to the rear wheels, and bash it out until someone wins. The competition, passing, and crashes are all as engaging as NASCAR, but with the added thrill (for some of us) of a road course setting.

The Circuit of the Americas will host two races each year, 124 miles in lengh (that's 200 kilometers, if you're wondering where the funky figure comes from) and should run through 2018. The races will be televised on Speed TV.

Texas Gov. Rick Perry and Queensland, Australia Premier Anna Bligh celebrate V8 Supercars agreement

I think I may be more excited about that than the F1. At least I should be able to afford the V8 Supercars race

Comment

Those are pretty entertaining on SPEED - I'd like to check it out in person. Assuming the world doesn't end in '12, I'll have to go.
      Last edited by 71chevellejohn; 07-03-2011, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post

Texas Gov. Rick Perry and Queensland, Australia Premier Anna Bligh celebrate V8 Supercars agreement
        man that chick under the US flag is ugly, the austrailian premeir isnt much better looking.

Comment

I saw that earlier and would for sure go to check that out.

Comment

Excellent!
            "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. "
            George Orwell

Comment

Maybe they'll finally getthe hint that Americans want the same kind of fast sedans that Australia has available.

Comment

not gonna lie... I'm more interested in them than F1
                http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                  You are not the only one Forrest!
                  92 LX 5.0

Comment

Fuck yeah!

Comment

I doubt you're the minority.

Comment

ditto. Those cars are basically similar to our American Iron rules except for the 600hp and sequential gearboxes. A lot of the stuff on my car was built after doing a lot of research on the Aussie tin tops. VERY cool stuff indeed!

FAWK F1...I'll watch it on TV. Aussie V8's? I'm All IN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                          Maybe they'll finally getthe hint that Americans want the same kind of fast sedans that Australia has available.
                          Those cars have no more in common with their road going counter-parts than nascar cars do here.

Comment

Fuck yeah, if I'm not dead by then I'm going!
                            ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Love Aussie V8!! Glad to see it coming to Austin!!! I will be there!!
                              Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                              There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Working...
                              X