Home buying question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home buying question

We are looking at houses and found one we really like a lot. We put an offer on the house but have since found out FM2499 is fixing to be right behind the house. Could be the reason they are selling. So has anyone lived where there is a noise barrier wall at the back of the property? My first instinct it run away but I see very nice homes that back up to busy roads all the time.
    2015 F250 Platinum

If you like it, great, but realize that it will be harder to sell later.

Comment

Originally posted by STANGGT40 View Post
      Wondering what kind of property loss it will take?
      2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

where are they extending 2499?

Comment

Originally posted by STANGGT40 View Post
          Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
          Wondering what kind of property loss it will take?
          Take it into consideration when you make your offer.

Comment

When we were looking at homes, if I heard any type of traffic/road noise while we were there, we just went to the next house.

Maybe I'm just picky though

Comment

will they be building a security wall? This was the binding factor on why we didnt buy a home that backed up to 2499. It is 4 lanes and we could hear it from the backyard easily.

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
                will they be building a security wall? This was the binding factor on why we didnt buy a home that backed up to 2499. It is 4 lanes and we could hear it from the backyard easily.
                They are extending it from 2181 to I35e @ State School rd. It shows they will be building a noise barrier wall along the sub divisions. 2499 will be 6 lanes with a median in between them.
                2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Working...
                X