Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See my responses below.

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
    There are several factors involved as to why you are hearing the squeal, which is more than likely pad vibration.
    What brand of pads did you use? Some premium Oriely's thing
    Who did the work? I did
    What steps were taken to eliminate pad vibration? Used the brake quiet stuff on all mating surfaces.
    Was every surface the pads come in contact with on the caliper lubricated properly and with the proper lubricant? Yes
    Who turned the rotors? Oriely's
    Were they at or below minimum thickness? They said they were "good" (they did look up spec and measured them in front of me. I don't know teh measurement though)
    Did they chuck them up on the lathe properly? No idea, didn't watch
    Were they washed before installation? no idea, didn't watch

(Rotors should always be replaced with quality rotors that have an oe equivalent compound and cooling vane properties. Rotors are made much differently these days to reduce un-sprung weight and turning a rotor is not what it used to be.) - I did on the Mustang and did all the brake work on that. I would only use quality brake components.

Was an initial break in period performed to give the two braking surfaces an opportunity to mate? Yes

I could go on.

Comment

Originally posted by Leah View Post
      Damn, why so harsh asshole?
      Leah, squealing brakes are mostly caused by a harmonic vibration which usually comes from the back of the pad. Not the actual face of the pad on the rotor. Proper sealing of the back of the pad will usually stop the squealing you hear when stopping. They make an RTV like stuff that is made for this. 9 times out of ten, this is the issue, not a poor quality pad.

Comment

Permatex Ultra Black works pretty good for this issue too.

Comment

I might can hook u up with some new rotors, premium pads and clips tuesday. Let me check.

Comment

When I was a dealership wrench this was a real common problem in the T-Birds, Cougars (no pun intended) and M8's....OEM brake pads helped a lot, but that was because they actually came out of the Ford box with a thin layer of sealant on the back side of them back in those days....we found that pulling whatever pad was in them and putting a thin layer of gasket sealer (the Ford brand black which I don't think is available any longer) would fix the problem as well....of course as mentioned above, I'd imagine about any brand of gasket sealer or something high-temp would suffice.
            70' Chevelle RagTop
            (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

If you get tired of it, my friends at Dealer-Alternative will take care of it for you. It is a Honda-Acura shop.

817-870-5096

Honda, Acura, Repair, Automotive, honda repair, timing belt, dallas, fort worth, ft worth, car repair, maintenance

Comment

Working...
              X