Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obligatory 4th of July smoking thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obligatory 4th of July smoking thread...

so who's in?

10lb brisket has been in since 4am, chickens just went on, and ribs will go on in a few hours... Had 3 slabs of ribs but decided I had too damn much food for how many guests were here.

Just finished up a pot of jalapeno beans and homemade potato salad (not pictured).

^^ All I know is that that brisket looks out fu@king standing!^^

Comment

Oh, thought this was a different type of smoking thread.

Just tell me where to show up and eat some meat!
      Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
      Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
      Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
      You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Originally posted by Leah View Post

Qotd?

Comment

PM sent. Don't tell Chili, I won't tell my wife...

What happens in Frisco, stays in Frisco.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
            PM sent. Don't tell Chili, I won't tell my wife...

What happens in Frisco, stays in Frisco.
            Token Split Tail

You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Hey what is your address?

Comment

I had two chickens in the brine for the last 30 hours and now they are in the smoker, in a few hours will be throwing some Opa's jalapeno and cheese sausage in there.

Comment

Throwing mine in tonight!

Jal beans...sounds yum and a must try! Thanks for the inspiration! Do you throw in whole fresh ones? Or what's the recipe/trick?

Comment

Originally posted by slow55 View Post
                    I had two chickens in the brine for the last 30 hours and now they are in the smoker, in a few hours will be throwing some Opa's jalapeno and cheese sausage in there.
                    I only brined mine for about 8 hours, but still should be better than none at all... I'm always afraid of "too long", but I guess it can't hurt that much...
                    Originally posted by racegirl View Post
                    Or what's the recipe/trick?
                    I just take the can of whole jalapenos and grab maybe half a dozen of the larger ones and chop up. Half with seeds, half without to remove "too much" spice.

Add that to onion, salt, pepper, and a few other spices in with a pound of pinto beans and water and let them simmer in a crock pot for 6-7 hours and they're good.

I'm sure fresh jalapenos would be good as well, but I'm not going to go through the pain in the ass of roasting them first.

Comment

My mom and her husband are coming over today and they wanted steaks so doing some ribeyes on the grill. Gonna do some beef ribs and mac and cheese on the smoker tomorrow.

I did just throw a batch of atomic buffalo turds on the smoker to snack on until dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by Hmbre97 View Post
                        My mom and her husband are coming over today and they wanted steaks so doing some ribeyes on the grill. Gonna do some beef ribs and mac and cheese on the smoker tomorrow.

I did just throw a batch of atomic buffalo turds on the smoker to snack on until dinner.

must..... have..... recipe.....

Comment

They're super simple. Just halve some jalepenos and take the seeds/veins out (leave some vein in for more heat). Then fill them with some room temp cream cheese and a Lil' Smokey sausage, then wrap in bacon. I usually slow smoke them @ 225 for 2 hrs but I was in a hurry today and did them an hour @ 275.

For the cream cheese, I mix in some shredded sharp cheddar and minced garlic but you can put pretty much anything in it that you want. Same with the sausage since they make diff flavors of them now.

Comment

Originally posted by Hmbre97 View Post
                            They're super simple. Just halve some jalepenos and take the seeds/veins out (leave some vein in for more heat). Then fill them with some room temp cream cheese and a Lil' Smokey sausage, then wrap in bacon. I usually slow smoke them @ 225 for 2 hrs but I was in a hurry today and did them an hour @ 275.

For the cream cheese, I mix in some shredded sharp cheddar and minced garlic but you can put pretty much anything in it that you want. Same with the sausage since they make diff flavors of them now.
                            Definitely going to have to try that sometime. Looks great!
                            Token Split Tail

Comment

Oh, thought this was a different type of smoking thread.

lol. I'll just leave all the seeds in so everyone gets a fireworks show.

Comment

Working...
                              X