Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to properly give notice of Termination...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grove rat View Post
    he deleted the thread but i don't see a valid reason why, so i brought it back
    Does there have to be a valid reason? Maybe he decided he didn't want to discuss is publicly.

Comment

Very close to what happened

Originally posted by KJ94GT View Post
      Probably because it's the professional thing to do. Have you even spoken with him about your concerns, or you just walked up, out of the blue one day, and said "I'm out. F*ck you, F*ck you, F*ck you, you're cool, F*ck you and I'm out?"
      Maybe we can get the animated version ?
      sigpic
      "Lookin' back in front of me in the mirror's a grin,
      through eyes of love I see I'm really lookin' at a friend
      We've all had our problems that's the way life is,
      my heart goes out to others who are there to make amends".

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
        People need to lose the fucking right to delete threads. This shit is getting old. Sounds like the OP got butt hurt and wanted to bow out before it got too bad, kinda like his employment situation.
        Isn't that his right?

Comment

Comment

You would really have to work as a mechanic to fully understand

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
            Does there have to be a valid reason? Maybe he decided he didn't want to discuss is publicly.
            There was some deception involved....
            sigpic
            "Lookin' back in front of me in the mirror's a grin,
            through eyes of love I see I'm really lookin' at a friend
            We've all had our problems that's the way life is,
            my heart goes out to others who are there to make amends".

Comment

maybe, just maybe, maybe

Comment

Having worked as a dealership mechanic, I do not see anything wrong with on the spot. Yes 2 weeks would be the right thing to do it they had a work load but with no work coming in, well, that is the reason there are wheels on those tool boxes.

I would have however sat down with the "boss" and tried to come to a more pleasant departure though, if he asked.
                Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

It's the car business. I lost my contract job in the telecom industry and with no unemployment insurance and savings dwindling by the week, I found myself selling cars. Car dealers don't care about their people and when you start to make a little money, they add people with the excuse of customer service.

I finally got a job offer and typed out my notice. I actually felt bad because my new employer wanted me to start pretty quick and I was not able to give the full two weeks notice. When I went to the GM's Admin to turn in my notice, she pretty much summed up what I already knew. She told me that I could leave immediately or work it out and that it didn't matter to them because they had plenty of people.....I said goodbye and walked out the door.

Comment

he deleted the thread but i don't see a valid reason why, so i brought it back
                    Reasoning like this makes the 'delete thread' option pointless.

There should be a rule regarding thread deletion etiquette.

Comment

i just don't think it's fair when someone starts a thread and then when it doesn't go their way they delete it like nothing happened

eh, that's my .02

Comment

i just don't think it's fair when someone starts a thread and then when it doesn't go their way they delete it like nothing happened

eh, that's my .02
                        Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                        Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

If my employer was cool with me Id give them a heads up about me leaving. But more often than not a mechanic leaves a shop due to pay or conflict. Most of the time I gave a one day notice and that meant today Im taking my tool box home. My reasoning is that if an employer was going to fire you or lay you off they do it on Fri afternoon so they dont have to deal with you over the weekend and cold care less about your family r bills. So it's ok for an employer to screw you and not give you a heads up and a chance to find another job but it's not ok for you to split for a better opportunity.

Comment

I told you the Porsche side starves quite often.
                            Originally posted by Marisa
                            we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

eh, that's my .02
                              qft
                              G'Day Mate

Comment

Working...
                              X