Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to properly give notice of Termination...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to properly give notice of Termination...

First, I need to say for all except the last three years of my adult working life, I have always been paid on a comission basis, (automotive mechanic). I recently went from a salary job (less pay) to working on comission again ( more pay, I thought).

When there's nothing to work on, you get no pay.
    Leaving a job, owner insists on two weeks notice, about 30% of the time, I'm standing around, no cars to work on or even check out for repair.

I tell him I'm leaving now not in two weeks, why should I continue to hang out for maybe 30 hours of pay with a 45-50 hour investment.

Also, I did not want to have a car disassembled, then leave it for someone else to finish.

By me leaving, this would make for more work for the other techs still employed there, one less mouth to feed.

It got real ugly, name calling, cussing. The man was insisting I sit down and talk about it.

Why on earth would you try to talk someone into staying at a place that they did not want to be at ??

sigpic
    "Lookin' back in front of me in the mirror's a grin,
    through eyes of love I see I'm really lookin' at a friend
    We've all had our problems that's the way life is,
    my heart goes out to others who are there to make amends".

Probably because it's the professional thing to do. Have you even spoken with him about your concerns, or you just walked up, out of the blue one day, and said "I'm out. F*ck you, F*ck you, F*ck you, you're cool, F*ck you and I'm out?"

Comment

Sounds like you were acting like a baby. If he wanted to talk, maybe he was going to offer you something to try and keep you around. Maybe he doesn't want to lose you and could make it worth your while to stay. If you can't give a week or two notice, how terrible would it have been to at least wait a few more minutes? I wasn't there, obviously. Just going by your post.

Comment

i don't understand the delete?

Comment

I are confused

Comment

Originally posted by KJ94GT View Post
            Probably because it's the professional thing to do. Have you even spoken with him about your concerns, or you just walked up, out of the blue one day, and said "I'm out. F*ck you, F*ck you, F*ck you, you're cool, F*ck you and I'm out?"
            This is how I am going out when I retire. LOL
            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by grove rat View Post
              i don't understand the delete?

Comment

Originally posted by 78X View Post
                I are confused
                he deleted the thread but i don't see a valid reason why, so i brought it back

Comment

People need to lose the fucking right to delete threads. This shit is getting old. Sounds like the OP got butt hurt and wanted to bow out before it got too bad, kinda like his employment situation.
                  G'Day Mate

Comment

who gives a shit, its not your business nor anyone else's why he deleted the thread. fuck canada, this place is turning into the nazi germany around here.

Comment

Probably because it's the professional thing to do. Have you even spoken with him about your concerns, or you just walked up, out of the blue one day, "
                      tell the employer that when they cut you loose without any notice
                      first class white trash

Comment

I'd do the exact same thing, been there. Bet that anus would put you on the bottom of the list for the two weeks. I too work at a shop on commission and wait around for parts alot, When there isn't anything to work on, i go to the house (2 miles away). Only difference is I'm the only mechanic there, so no competition.

Comment

Originally posted by forbes View Post
                          tell the employer that when they cut you loose without any notice
                          Oh trust me, I've been there too. It seems like there's a lack of integrity anymore.

Comment

Oh trust me, I've been there too. It seems like there's a lack of integrity anymore.
                            It is a liability issue. It does suck but some people can't handle the thought of being terminated and still act professionally.

For example I just recently terminated 2 contracts. I specifically told the agency to terminate them on Friday, and I sent my email on Tuesday. Apparently they misread and called on Tuesday and told them they would be terminated on Friday. I found out later that day and spoke to the onsite lead and he heard them talking about stealing and they also weren't doing jackshit.
                            Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                            Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

"at will employment"

They can let you go on a moment's notice and it's not considered unprofessional.

Comment

Working...
                              X