No refusal weekend!!! HAVE A DD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
    That is like no haggle car prices. Anyone can haggle and anyone can refuse.
    That's what I was thinking.. I'd like to see them try and make me do a breathalyzer!

Comment

Originally posted by TENGRAM View Post
      That's what I was thinking.. I'd like to see them try and make me do a breathalyzer!
      They wont, they'll get a court order to just get a nurse to take your blood.

Comment

Go ahead and test that theory, we aren't talking about a car lot here. I'm pretty sure that the law has been "adjusted" so that refusal is illegal, and not an option. They'll simply take you in and draw blood, or do it on site if they are certified to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by aCid View Post
          They wont, they'll get a court order to just get a nurse to take your blood.
          1. That's still the best bet. Hopefully the alcohol content in my blood is reduced by then.

2. This is why I stick to lawn drinking a couple of houses down from my own. Drunk driving sucks.

Comment

1. That's still the best bet. Hopefully the alcohol content in my blood is reduced by then.

2. This is why I stick to lawn drinking a couple of houses down from my own. Drunk driving sucks.
            I remeber reading that officers are now being certified to draw blood, though I'm pretty sure that this law isn't targeted at those that are .09-.11 over the limit, where and hour or 2 would make a difference.

Number is definitaly the best bet.

Comment

FTP....the only thing in this life I can not refuse is death.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                Nice to know. Guess I'll just swerve randomly and then see what the Supreme Court has to say about the 5th Amendment.
                And get cited for failing to maintain single lane.

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                Bullshit move by the police, so fuck em.
                Work the streets for a while and see where this is a tool, not one to be abused, but a good tool.

Originally posted by jefehbk View Post
                FTP....the only thing in this life I can not refuse is death.

Yea, go try it and see how that works out for you. The police can take blood from a needle prick, or any body part that is bleeding.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post

Yea, go try it and see how that works out for you. The police can take blood from a needle prick, or any body part that is bleeding.
                  I can swerve within a single lane.

Wouldn't a blood sample taken from an open wound have the possibility of being contaminated and therefore not a good sample?
                  I realize that the subject would at the least have a number of hours wasted being detained while the fuzz figures it out, but still.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                    I can swerve within a single lane.

Wouldn't a blood sample taken from an open wound have the possibility of being contaminated and therefore not a good sample?
                    I realize that the subject would at the least have a number of hours wasted being detained while the fuzz figures it out, but still.

If you want to play with fire, be my guest. An officer could articulate the erratic driving behavior, especially when caught on a dash cam. One cannot drive without breaking some traffic statute, so while you might swerve in your lane, you will eventually make a mistake and then you will see how humorous your actions really are.

As far as the open would goes, you are right. I've witnessed several pig piles where the subject refused a blood warrant. It never ends up pretty for the guy on the bottom.

Comment

Serious cop is Serious.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                        Serious cop is Serious.
                        Yup.

Stevo
                        Originally posted by SSMAN
                        ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

It still hasn't been explained to me how this BS is constitutional. 5th amendment what?

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                            It still hasn't been explained to me how this BS is constitutional. 5th amendment what?
                            Just don't drink and drive, and you'll have nothing to worry about!

Comment

Originally posted by aCid View Post
                              Just don't drink and drive, and you'll have nothing to worry about!
                              That's neither here nor there. Yes, drinking and driving is illegal, but where do they get off forcing you to give evidence against yourself? That's pretty much the cornerstone of the 5th amendment.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                                I'll take that ticket if it gets this unconstitutional practice banned.

Comment

Working...
                                X