X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Osiris View Post
    This is a good thread.
    This is a fucking mess!

Since when was it anybody's constitutional right to drive on public roads? I could have sworn it was a privilege and not a right.

Comment

Originally posted by VETTKLR View Post
      This is a fucking mess!

Since when was it anybody's constitutional right to drive on public roads? I could have sworn it was a privilege and not a right.
      Yeah right. Everyone thinks it's a right. However, it is a privilege. We have only ourselves to blame for creating an entitled, wussified, car dependant nanny state.

Comment

This is a fucking mess!

Since when does government have the right to regulate travel? Much like anything else state government just decided it had that right. Should they regulate walking next? Ok maybe running is more dangerous, should they regulate running? Should we all have to get a license to run?

I'm not making the case that we shouldn't have any regulations for driving but on the other hand, the idea that driving is some sort of "privilege" granted by the state is complete horseshit used to justify more of the horseshit we are discussing in this thread.
        Originally posted by racrguy
        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Thank god the states gave wagons the right to travel cross country back in the day. lol

Comment

Originally posted by aCid View Post
            Have they ever done checkpoints in the DFW metroplex?
            I've seen FWPD setup check points on Las Vegas trail before. Not necessarily for DWI's though, there are loads of crappy apartments over there and tons of dope dealing.

So what happens when you tell the officer you are currently taking Coumadin for blood clots? Are they still going to forcibly strap you into a chair and stick you with a needle even though there is a good chance you'd end up bleeding to death as a result?

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
              Since when does government have the right to regulate travel?
              Since they took on the job and we started paying them. That's when.

Much like anything else state government just decided it had that right. Should they regulate walking next? Ok maybe running is more dangerous, should they regulate running? Should we all have to get a license to run?
              This sounds more like the failing argument of a teenage child to their parent, and not the argument of a full-grown man, arguing constitutional rights of drunks.

I'm not making the case that we shouldn't have any regulations for driving but on the other hand, the idea that driving is some sort of "privilege" granted by the state is complete horseshit used to justify more of the horseshit we are discussing in this thread.
              Go build your own roads and do all the horseshit you want on them. Then throw a mix of walking/running/driving drunks out there, because it's their right.

Comment

Since they took on the job and we started paying them. That's when.

This sounds more like the failing argument of a teenage child to their parent, and not the argument of a full-grown man, arguing constitutional rights of drunks.

Go build your own roads and do all the horseshit you want on them. Then throw a mix of walking/running/driving drunks out there, because it's their right.
                Of course the Supreme Court decided long ago that driving on public roads and traveling in general was a inalienable right and that any state regulation of the process was simply a tolerated infringement on that right. But hey, I won't stop you, I think you are probably just getting started with your law and order lecture. Tell us all about it, Hitler.
                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

"Stop breaking the law, asshole!"

That's about it.

Comment

Working...
                  X