No announcement yet.

Need a tree trimmer reference... STAT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a tree trimmer reference... STAT!

Can someone reference a good tree-trimmer in the Hurst\Richland Hills area?

A certain Property Manager who resides on this board has an issue with one tree limb that needs to be removed ASAP at a decent price.

Please PM me any referrals... It is VERY appreciated...

If they're not an insured tree company DO NOT HIRE THEM...

Can't say I didn't warn ya
    Originally posted by Vertnut
    I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by MutherjuggZ View Post
      If they're not an insured tree company DO NOT HIRE THEM...

Can't say I didn't warn ya
      Hehe, Goes without saying.... But VERY true....

Comment

Originally posted by Gargamel View Post
        Hehe, Goes without saying.... But VERY true....
        My uncle and his buddy cut a tree limb for my grandmother... knocked out the power to the neighbors house and since his friend was the one who cut the limb that caused the damage, the home insurance isn't paying a damn dime of it.

Comment

My uncle and his buddy cut a tree limb for my grandmother... knocked out the power to the neighbors house and since his friend was the one who cut the limb that caused the damage, the home insurance isn't paying a damn dime of it.
          Ouch....

Comment

That's better than a guy my dad works with. He was trimming a tree for an elderly lady from a ladder. The when the limb went the tree shook different from what he thought it would and knocked him off the ladder. Fell ~10 feet and landed on his butt sitting upright. He crushed several vertabrae and cannot walk. He is slowly making progress at PT, but the docs don't think he'll ever fully walk again.
            G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Gargamel View Post
              Ouch....
              So far my grandmother has paid the neighbor about $5k and they're now trying to sue her, my mom, and our agency for more money even though what's been paid more than covered repairs, additional living expenses for hotel room and food.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                That's better than a guy my dad works with. He was trimming a tree for an elderly lady from a ladder. The when the limb went the tree shook different from what he thought it would and knocked him off the ladder. Fell ~10 feet and landed on his butt sitting upright. He crushed several vertabrae and cannot walk. He is slowly making progress at PT, but the docs don't think he'll ever fully walk again.
                Grandma had her son do it because about 15 years ago she was at the top of 15ft worth of ladder leaning into a tree cutting it herself when the wind caught her and the ladder fell straight back slapping her to the ground flat on her back. Crushed 3 vertebrae and put her out of commission for over a year. She fully recovered thank God but that's why she has her son do it for her. If he hadn't had a friend up there, it'd be covered. Since the friend was paid to do the work he doesn't meet the defnition of a named insured and the neighbors are supposed to sue HIM for these damages.

Comment

My inlaws tried to get my brother in law and I to cut down a 50 yo pecan tree with a 3' thick trunk. This thing had HUGE limbs all over the house and neighbors house. We both had to tell them to hire a pro. It was just too much risk to our safety and the houses safety to risk it. That and I don't think they were offering to pay us and its not like they were hurting for money.

Comment

If you can possibly get a pic of this tree limb to let me see just how serious it is I MIGHT be able to do it. I used to work for a tree trimming service and I have the equipment to do it provided its not a monster limb. I literally JUST walked in the door from cutting up and digging up a tree and its trunk that was knocked down 2 months ago from the storms we had...it was a VERY old tree and about 3 feet wide at the base of the trunk (the roots were MUCH larger than the trunk itself). Let me know.

Comment

I will try to get a pic tomorrow. It is a dead limb hanging into the backyard of property that doesn't belong to us. It is not near a power line but for some reason that manager is throwing a fit and wants me to cut it since the tree is on my side of the fence. I have a tree service I normally use who was supposed to come out and give me an estimate earlier this week but never showed up and now the number I have for them is disconnected.
                      sigpic

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.

Comment

Here ya go. They are two blocks from me and I've known the family most of my life.
                        "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Jerry Mabe

972 TwO 7 0Ne 1zeRo tWo 1

Comment

Waitin for those pics

Comment

A couple years ago my ignorant neighbor was cutting a tree, about 40ft gum, and cut the notch in the wrong place and angled. It was fixin to fall towards their house. So they come banging on the door to get me to knock it over with my backhoe. His old lady was "attempting" to hold it up,LOL. I barely bumped into it with the loader and it went over.

Comment

Working...
                              X