Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What ticket for having beer on way home?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 78X View Post
    Is that a misdemeanor?
    Yes, class C.

Comment

In louisiana, when you go thru the Drive thru daiquiri stand, they give you 2 lids. If you get Pulled over,supposedly you switch lids, no open container. Or so I've heard.. LEO's comments?

Comment

Originally posted by fitzwell View Post
        In louisiana, when you go thru the Drive thru daiquiri stand, they give you 2 lids. If you get Pulled over,supposedly you switch lids, no open container. Or so I've heard.. LEO's comments?
        That would depend on the specific laws in LA, but most if not all states/cities with an open container law consider any un-sealed container an open container. A plasic lid on a cup is not a sealed lid, that is no different than a screw off cap that's been opened, or a re-corked bottle of wine.

Comment

I think the drive thru daiquiri law in LA is like this.

You can have the daiquiri in a cup with a lid on it, with a sealed straw hole.

This is why they'll give you two, one unused, so you can swap them out, but then i guess you have to do something with the other lid and straw. I'm sure if you got searched and the officer found a second lid/straw in your car they'd write you the ticket?

Comment

I drove through quite a few of those in the 80's but we never worried about the extra lid back then! It was a different world.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
              What a BROAD interpretation of that statute!!! hahahahahahaahahahahah!!!
              I was told about the "open box" when the open container law was put in place. I never believed it though.

The ones around here either put a piece of tape of the straw hole or put them in a heat sealed bag.

Comment

Working...
              X